Any aston martin fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
Went to see my father this week and he's bought himself another aston.

The rapide is a beautifully made car and finding one in a good colour combo was tough! After driving it I thought it was brilliant (I was comparing it to my old cls55)

It's an occasion but the exhaust valves shut themselves up to 3k revs and it's difficult to find the right fuse to take out to release the actuators on the rapide.

The vantage again was stunning to drive and comparing it to an sl I have to say an sl can't compare the feeling.

Neither of them are the fastest, best build quality or handling compared to a 911 or amg but for all round occasion whilst driving it does trump them for me.

Last edited:
Went to see my father this week and he's bought himself another aston.

The rapide is a beautifully made car and finding one in a good colour combo was tough! After driving it I thought it was brilliant (I was comparing it to my old cls55)

It's an occasion but the exhaust valves shut themselves up to 3k revs and it's difficult to find the right fuse to take out to release the actuators on the rapide.

The vantage again was stunning to drive and comparing it to an sl I have to say an sl can't compare the feeling.

Neither of them are the fastest, best build quality or handling compared to a 911 or amg but for all round occasion whilst driving it does trump them for me.

Nah mate this is a mercedes Benz enthusiast forum ...:rolleyes:

I agree with you Bruno but, some Astons have a sense of occasion that no Merc can provide.

I like the older ones from the late 80's.

Like HB says, they're just a different league when it comes to experience.

I agree with you Bruno but, some Astons have a sense of occasion that no Merc can provide.

That's posh American based crap more sense than a merc??

They don't go as fast ,not better built ,not as reliable and to not mention they overpriced servicing ,really a joy to own...

That's posh American based crap more sense than a merc??

They don't go as fast ,not better built ,not as reliable and to not mention they overpriced servicing ,really a joy to own...

Do you wear Mercedes Benz underpants?

I love Aston Martin, the Vanquish being a particular favourite.

OP: What should be Fuse 22 is Fuse F3 on the Rapide. Fuse box is located in the rear left passenger footwell.

Do you wear Mercedes Benz underpants?

Possibly in a superman style, over trousers?

And that are clearly too tight because it's affecting comprehension.

When I saw the blinkered fanboi meter reading off the charts, I thought I'd mistyped and ended up on MLR instead.

Last edited:
It's not all about speed. If I won the lottery I'd buy an Aston and not a Veyron. Actually I'd buy a classic db7 and upgrade it with modern running gear and interior.

Last edited:
It's not all about speed. If I won the lottery I'd buy an Aston and not a Veyron.

I genuinely considered a DB9 rather than our SL. I just couldn't stomach the depreciation.

The first 18 months depreciation on the DB9 was equal to the outright cost of the SL. It seems that's my comfort level.

Beautiful :cool:

An Aston is a car I would definitely like to own . :thumb:

Two beautiful cars.

Stunning. I'm now off to change my non Mercedes underpants!

daveenty said:
I love Aston Martin, the Vanquish being a particular favourite. OP: What should be Fuse 22 is Fuse F3 on the Rapide. Fuse box is located in the rear left passenger footwell.

I love the DBS which I'm hoping to be in in 3 years. Well I pulled fuse 3 under the bonnet as the handbook only states a fuse box passengers side boot & bonnet. The f3 in the boot was for the heated rear screen. Made no difference. So I'm stumped.

Thanks to all for the positive comments.

Aston is my favourite brand. I had a DB7 Vantage , loved it . Sold it after a couple of years as not really practical for a daily driver ... But a year later realised I made a mistake so got another. Fun, fast, great sense of occasion and other drivers seemed to let me out of junctions a lot more. Plus, not that many on the roads. They are not cheap to run but the pleasure in driving one soon pushes cost to the back of the mind ( mine anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom