Any demand for W123 OEM Mercedes Sunroof Frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Screwdriver

The UK dealer cited poor demand as a reason for the part no longer being offered from Mercedes. Fortunately, I have a direct connection with a very senior MB executive and given my love for these cars, I'm always happy to push for the supply of parts to keep them running.

Given that it is impossible to find one anywhere and there is no aftermarket replacement that works, I thought it may make sense to register demand for this critical part for any W123 owner with a rusting sunroof metal frame

Please post your interest in acquiring one here and I will send to Mercedes. Thanks

Aviv aka Screwdriver

Last edited:
i don't have a W123 but would like to thank you for going to the trouble of doing this for w123 owners

Have you tried John Haynes in Sussex? Sounds like the kind of thing they'd have / have interest in

Nick Froome

?

Don't know them but emailed them nonetheless. Feel free to spread the word

How does Mark C. acquire them, does he hoard NOS?

These cassettes as far as I know are in need of change/fixing on majority of existing w123's. I've seen a dozen of w123's and every single cassette was rusty some less some more to the point their existence has finished leaving leaves of rust.

I think the owners don't realise how bad these might be and not expecting to deal with sun-roof frame problem.

I wonder how much it could cost? I reckon it's in a raw condition, no chrome, nickel trim?

The parts have reached a point of decay where owners are being forced to seal their roofs. I started this thread with the hope of summarizing demand for the frame - sad to see that there isn't much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom