Any Lawyers or Legal Professionals willing to give some advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclone1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W218 CLS63 S AMG
Hi,

I have a family member who is having a really bad experience with a Tenancy she has recently undertaken with a Property Lettings Company. Basically the house was advertised as fully renovated. On viewing it it was unfinished but she and the Lettings Agency agreed a moving in date. Unfortunately the house was far from ready to move in on the actual date and as she had to give up her previous property on that same date meant she was stranded (removals booked etc) and left without a place to live. To make matters worse the Lettings Agency were unavailable as it was a Saturday and they don't open Saturdays! The house took a further two weeks to be completed before she could move in, but even now another two weeks later there are numerous snags, wet plaster / damp / leaks etc...at the time the letting agent took responsibility but is now being awkward.....

I am just looking for a bit of advice as too whether she should pursue them legally. They are saying that they cannot alter the tenancy agreement to reflect her moving in 2 weeks late but have offered compensation equal to one months rent, however, this has been paid to her rent account with them and has to be used for that, plus they are saying that that also covers the two weeks rent she wasn't it there (as was already paid up front). So in effect what is left is her compensation for two weeks alternative accommodation, fuel, removals, food, etc not to mention inconvenience and worry for her and her 9 year old Daughter.

Can anyone with a legal background offer some advice please? You can PM me if more appropriate.

Thanks
Jules.

Wow that's an incredible story and I hope it is resolved to your family members satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom