Any mobile phone geeks out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sinky

Car
Mercedes 200 ce 1994
looking for help please cause I havent got a clue

I have a iphone 3g jailbroken:eek: old I know:D I was given it.
Had to get it opened so I could use it here.
I was told by the people that jailbroke it NEVER update it.
A year ago after it was jailbroken it was great no probs.

Now everytime I fancy a new app the phone tells me most of the time that the Phone not suitable or needs upgrade
iso 4.3?
Lost my viber for some reason as well?

Is there anything I can do or is it Very old now?

THanks Sinky:thumb:

sinky said:
looking for help please cause I havent got a clue

I have a iphone 3g jailbroken:eek: old I know:D I was given it.
Had to get it opened so I could use it here.
I was told by the people that jailbroke it NEVER update it.
A year ago after it was jailbroken it was great no probs.

Now everytime I fancy a new app the phone tells me most of the time that the Phone not suitable or needs upgrade
iso 4.3?
Lost my viber for some reason as well?

Is there anything I can do or is it Very old now?

THanks Sinky:thumb:

Unless you want to to keep it jail broken why not just update it to IOS and get all the standard stuff with it? The only reason it won't work I guess is because its been nicked in the past and enabling the default Apple features might make it traceable...

Use restore via itunes, or data reset, memory could be full. It will not be "nicked" as it would not be able to make calls, as the imei number would be blacklisted. The vibrator not working is most likely the ribbon cable, you will only lose the jailbreak if you update, unless it was used to sim unlock .

Cheers all
Its never been nicked.My sister got it from new then gave it to me when she upgraded.

It was originally on 02 UK but I needed to get it jailbroken to use on Vodafone ES

It works perfect apart from the latest apps.
When I first got the phone I brought it back to Spain and my son opened an i tunes acc
for me and restored the phone .
I forgot to tell him not to restore so it was dead. I had to wait untill I was back in Scotland again so I could take it back to the same guys that jailbroke it too fix.

Restore I'm a bit frightened to do that again in case it locks again.

ISO Can i upgrade through itunes without restoring ? do I just plug it in?

As I said im not very techie minded.

If you have all the details of the the phone imei number and original person your family member all you have to do is contact the phone company that she was with ask for it too be unlocked they will take details imei and so
it should take 10 to 14 days to get unlocked then you put your sim in and it sets up too your network now locked to your network

Them contact your phone company tell them you changed phone give imei So if you ever give it too some one it can be unlocked again

As you have jail broken it you can't update it

Unless you get it jail broken again with latest soft wear

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Ah so it can be jail broken again? does the new person to jail break need to know how what softwear the first people used?

I don't think you need it to be jail broken though.... Just restore it .... If it locks up after the restore go talk to apple as there is no reason why it should lock up ... Me no nobody needs to know what software was on it before...

Apple won't restore the phone it has to be asked by mobile company that the phone was on the network

Apple will black list the phone if they think it is stolen or not

I have been through this with apple and network
It took three months to get phone unlocked and apple would do nothing unless asked by network the phone was on and by the first owner

Which I was , I was changing network

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

It can be restored using itunes, jail broken, or not.

Thanks all for the replies

I been told that Apple wont touch a phone that has been jailbroken?
The phone is a uk iphone
When my son restored it before I took it to several shops that said they could jailbreak it but they end up giving me it back saying they couldnt do it.

took it back to the original jailbreakers in Scotland no probs.

Yes.. Apple won't touch a jail broken iPhone.

Seriously , restore it ... And get the network to give you an unlock code for it and stop jail breaking it. Unless you want some specific functionality that you cannot get with the base iPhone there's no reason , beyond the network thing , to jailbreak it ...

But your call obviously ..just my tuppence worth ..

As others have said you are confusing unlocking and jail breaking. You unlock the phone if you want to use it on another network. You can request this from the network supplier. Jail breaking is if you want to run software on the phone other than that from the App Store ie vetted by apple.

Oh I though jailbreak/open was the samething
It's got Cydia??
I asked for the phone to be opened so I could use it on Vodafone.es Spain
Like I said when I brought the phone back from Scotland to Spain I asked my son to get me itunes account.He pressed restore and it wouldn't work. Froze on the itunes download arrow thing if you knowwhat I mean.

It would freeze if its not running Apples IOS ....

You really just need it made Network neutral . not having an IPhone I am not entirely sure of the process to make it Open but seems you can certainly move it from one network to the next from what's been said here.

Ask your current network provider I guess? .

When you buy a phone it is either locked to one network or unlocked. If it is locked you can ask the network provider to unlock it for you. Once unlocked you can use it on any network/country providing you have a valid SIM. Jailbreaking is so you can install software other than that through the App store. Cydia is software to do this. Ive had an iphone for 2 years now and have many apps on it but never felt the need to jailbreak it.

Okay Chris thanks but can I restore it to get the newer apps.
I can't get viber free calls anymore because of my lack of Ios/iso?

Once ITunes restores it all the current Apple apps will run on it subject to your phones capability (Siri wont for instance).

Viber I take it is a non App Store app like Skype which makes calls over IP instead of mobile network so unless its on the App Store you would need to jailbreak it again I think.

Viber works fine on later IOS, have it on mine :). I downloaded it from the App Store.

Used to work on mine no problem.Now tells me that I need ' Update Required This app requires iOS 4.3. ??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom