Any one Here Do Any HDR Images

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sonny Burnett

MB Enthusiast
Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
5358604501_3b99ee5786_z.jpg

never tried a HDR image at the Dead of night.. this is my end result picked up a wierd blur in the footwell in colour its a wierd green smudge from a reflection of sorts.. what do you guys think..

Looks smart :) I love the colour HDR images, the reflections you can get - especially from black cars - is stunning!

I haven't tried any in a long time - need a new camera :(

Interesting effect - for some reason it reminds me of the type of shots you see in owner's handbooks. Can't quite put my finger on why, but it's not just the fact that it's monochrome.

Unrelated (perhaps silly) question: it looks like you have seat controls both on the base of the driver's seat and on the door. How come?

I really like that - looks like the very very good pencil drawings that people do.

Well done - any info on what you did?

Quick how-to.

This uses a specific feature of Photoshop CS2, but the tutorial in making the images is still valid.

I've been known to dabble but I am not always convinced by the results...

2620930233_6d693a840d_b.jpg

Like this one, beautiful summers day yet the sky appears grey :confused:

2621766682_2d456a6eba_b.jpg

Simon

Just a thought Simon, but did you have a polarising filter on for the summer sky? That could account for its greyness.

No I didn't - it is blue in each individual shot (well overexposed in some) but after the HDR processing it turned out grey.

I could always photoshop it afterwards but just haven't bothered.

S

Fascinating stuff!

How does the HDR manipulation work on the moving parts of your image of the street bunting? When bracketing wouldn't each image be slightly different? Not normally a problem but if you are then merging them?

Fascinating stuff!

How does the HDR manipulation work on the moving parts of your image of the street bunting? When bracketing wouldn't each image be slightly different? Not normally a problem but if you are then merging them?

Combination of pretty fast camera (6fps) and the software working it all out.

Software is pretty good nowadays - I used Photomatix which is free.

Simon

Thought photomatrix wasn't free. The free download leaves a watermark on the print. I use it but now CS5 has surpassed it.

In the words of Blue Peter. Here's a post I put on earlier.

http://www.MBClub.co.uk/forums/960164-post1034.html

Simon was surprised at the grey sky. I've found that HDR usually makes it bluer if grey. But usually gives a surreal look, especially if there are clouds moving across the sky.

Last edited:
Afraid HDR does nothing for me. Whilst everyone tinkers with photos, when they look too 'tinkered with' I find it a distraction.

Then again I never seem to find time to fiddle with photos beyond basic stuff..

Ade

Not my thing, but like the your black and white pic above Sonny, looks like a really detailed pencil drawing, it's cool.

True HDR doesn't look like the more common over processed look. It's meant to be a way of making photo's look more like they would with the naked eye.

Here's a good example of natural HDR processing:

2257078089_9860db7b8c.jpg

I like a lot of the over processed ones, so long as not too over the top!

Edit: Heres an example of what crockers is describing:

Normally you'd probably over expose the outside view, or under expose the inside view, however here both are exposed (Although the tunnel could be lighter to be picky haha)

3418184618_dd74a32fb3.jpg

Last edited:
Imagine you're stood in a cave looking out. You want to take a photo. Trouble is if you take what you see out of the cave the Walls of the cave will be too dark. If you take the Walls of the cave the light outside will be too over exposed. HDR is a way to get it all.

Just a suggestion when it can be a good idea.

True HDR doesn't look like the more common over processed look. It's meant to be a way of making photo's look more like they would with the naked eye.

Here's a good example of natural HDR processing:

2257078089_9860db7b8c.jpg

I like a lot of the over processed ones, so long as not too over the top!

If that is natural then my eyesight/monitor needs adjusting or the flashbacks are recurring...:D

Imagine you're stood in a cave looking out.

I know what you mean as I've had a go...

beach%20%2847%29.JPG

beach%20%2848%29.JPG

A decent photographer would be able to make something of the above setting at Kingsgate Bay... I find HDR seems to flatten images to make everything the same intensity - maybe I should just have a crack at it...

Ade

I find the best results are when using at least 5 different stops. Anything less will almost always be a bitch to get looking right.

Software is also key - the different brands can produce vastly different results. I personally used a Photoshop plugin, but can't for the life of me remember it's name!

Ade
Have a crack a it. Not saying it's THE best but it's a bit of fun. In my examples I do like how the field and tree turned out but the sky looks too surreal. The thing is you also have a "normal" exposure in there if you don't like the HDR combo.
I just wish my camera allowed for 5 bracketed shots not the 3. (D90).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom