any one seen any car battery deals recently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
looking for a Bosch S4 80Ah.

Thanks.

Turns out that Bosch's warranty is 1 year only. Outlets then add their own additional year(s) warranty. I was surprised by this.

My 18 month old S4 in my GT3 just died - very surprised as Bosch batteries supposed to be of good quality. Unfortunately don't have invoice/receipt from ECP.

Thanks.

Turns out that Bosch's warranty is 1 year only. Outlets then add their own additional year(s) warranty. I was surprised by this.

My 18 month old S4 in my GT3 just died - very surprised as Bosch batteries supposed to be of good quality. Unfortunately don't have invoice/receipt from ECP.
I have bought many batteries online from Tayna UK. Good service/advice and good choices. They don't try to sell you their own brand, they stock all sorts.

Just ordered a new MB battery for my E320 cdi, 95 amp HR AGM , £ 140 fitted from my local MB dealer. 3 year guarantee according to MB website

I have bought many batteries online from Tayna UK. Good service/advice and good choices. They don't try to sell you their own brand, they stock all sorts.

that's where I went ..

ECP: £114 after their 55% 'discount'
Tayna: £75

I was just going to post... Tanya. :thumb:

Thanks.

Costco sell Bosch batteries at very good prices (but you have to be a member).

Also, Varta (now part of Johnson Controls) make both the original MB batteries and the Bosch batteries.

And the difference between the Blue and Silver range is in the length of warranty provided with the battery, but the battery itself is the same in either case.

I went to tanya and got a varta silver (same as a bosch) & price was good. £80ish for 100ah/830cc last June. Has performed without fault. W210 E300td. It has a vent pipe hole for ref. if fitting under rear seats.

Last edited:
To OP...if you paid by card you could get the date and go back to ecp with that. They must have retained a record of the transaction and hence honour the guarantee?

Last edited:
Another vote for Tanya from me :)

They always arrive on time, they're packaged so there's no chance of leakage and I've not had one fail yet...

To OP...if you paid by card you could get the date and go back to ecp with that. They must have retained a record of the transaction and hence honour the guarantee?

my mechanic bought it and paid cash ..

Another vote for Tanya from me :)

They always arrive on time, they're packaged so there's no chance of leakage and I've not had one fail yet...

I chose standard delivery and it arrived the next day (which would have been an additional £3.60).

I also got a further 5% discount by leaving the website

And the difference between the Blue and Silver range is in the length of warranty provided with the battery, but the battery itself is the same in either case.

the man at Bosch UK customer service told me Bosch only gives 1 year warranty on all its batteries.

My battery on the 500sl is screwed too so need a new one. All well and good getting one mail-order but I can't fit them, while I managed to change the rotor arms (which I was impressed with) I
Battery is past my skill set I think

This reminds me of the time I bought a battery for my wife's Vauxhall Nova, I went for the best Halfords had with a 5 year guarantee as she did very short mileage with lots of stop start driving.

Anyway 3 of 4 years in the thing died , so out came the receipt from its folder...it was completely blank !! and I mean just a bit of completely blank till roll paper.

Something to do with electrostatic print reacting to the plastic wallet it was stored in removes all of the 'writing'.

Did I have a bank statement to prove purchase ? ......no , what kind of fool keeps printed bank statements for 4 years....? A wise one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom