Any Opticians - Idiot Alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just emailed Spectrum Coatings. Thanks for finding that.

Not too sure on the two jacket thread. Any resemblance too my specs question was lost on me ;ˆ)

Good luck Bruce, but if you don't get any joy then you might want to consider taking two lenses and cutting them down the centre and gluing them together. :D

ItalianTuneUp said:
Good luck Bruce, but if you don't get any joy then you might want to consider taking two lenses and cutting them down the centre and gluing them together. :D

Would I be able to see twice as far?

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Would I be able to see twice as far?

well at least 50% of twice as far

Get them reglazed at Ciliary Blue. I've used them lots of times, great service and far cheaper than the optician.

I'd imagine the cost to strip and recoat existing lenses would be far more than buying new.

On a general note... I recommend talking to these people regarding any Optician requirements, I found them to be extremely friendly and helpful and their services are very reasonably priced.

Contact Us - Designer Glasses Boutique - Buy Glasses Online - Prescription Glasses

Highly recommended.

And you don't have to be local - in my case they were happy for me to ship my glasses to them and they then shipped them back to me in London very quickly.

Just emailed Spectrum Coatings. Thanks for finding that.

Not too sure on the two jacket thread. Any resemblance too my specs question was lost on me ;ˆ)

I am going to give Spectrum Coating a try. £30 to re-coat. They do test first to ensure that they are repairable.

Thanks again for the help.

My optician told me that once the coating was thats it. no change possible afterwards. but she was a small place so it might mean just her place.

Re the 2 jacket man....well where do you start, half and half maybe i laughed so much at that the first time ! Now its even better. Twice as funny even ! Or half ?

I worked at repairing paint machines for years. We used 15 dyes in them. 1 day i arrived on a sat ( for overtime) and we found the boss with his dress jacket in a fish tray full of green paint dye. He had bought a yellow jacket thinking it was nice then thought too loud. Priceless face on him

Phil

My apologies for the slow response.

After speaking to the team at Spectrum I sent my glasses to them last week. When we spoke they explained that they can re-coat dependent on the damage. They also can fit brand new lenses from your prescription.

In my case (now confirmed) the lenses were not actually visibly scratched, the anti glare coat had however worn, due my poor handling (shoving the in a jacket pocket instead of their case).

Spectrum have confirmed that I need new lenses and I have asked them go ahead and replace them for me. They have confirmed that these are per my prescription and have anti-glare, vari-focal - transitions etc.

Their turn-around is five - seven days and their pricing is excellent. In my case less than 25% of what I paid in the high street!!!

I await the return of my specs and I can then provide a full update.

Ok

Glasses returned - next day, signed delivery.

New lenses to match my prescription lenses. Great job no sign of any work being done. Cost was 25% of the lowest high street optician. Saving me £300+.

Turn a round 7 days. That was for my lenses. Usually 3-5 days.

Great comms and nice people. I am very happy.

Thanks to all who helped.

Great stuff Bruce, now you can stop chasing that helicopter around the garden, turns out is was a crack in your lenses!

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom