Any particular recommendations for treating tanzanite blue paint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silver CL55

Car
(W216) 2008 CL 500, Tanzanite blue with tan leather. (W230) 2005 SL350, Black with sand leather
I've got Autoglym products as they were pretty good for my obsidian black CLS.

My Tanzanite CL looked great after Michael at GemClean had detailed it with G-Tec.

If you go to the Detailed section I'm sure there are photo's of the CL.

It is the best MB Colour IMO of course :thumb: :cool: :rock:

Last edited:
I did my E with megs 105 and 205 applied by rotary and topped with dodo juice purple haze pro and finished looking like this

Attachments

• door resize.jpg
    door resize.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 15
It is a question, hence the question in the title.

Is this a statement or a question?

i personally hate autoglym products lol!

but to get the best you will need to correct the paint first with DA or rotary then at least you have a good base, you then need to decide if you want to go with a wax product or a sealant...

if you don't want to bother with a correction, i would look at something like amiga primo or autofinnesse triple, then seal it with a wax or a sealant, something like g tech c2 v3 or auto finesse tough coat, or the latest craze seems to be sonax brilliant shine quick detailer which i tried yesterday and i was massively impressed with!

It is a question, hence the question in the title.

Which you then appear to answer with a statement.

The best thing for car paint...polish then wax or sealant. The colour is almost immaterial, it's a hard paint.

Which you then appear to answer with a statement.

The best thing for car paint...polish then wax or sealant. The colour is almost immaterial, it's a hard paint.

I disagree on the colour statement.... Certain sealants or waxes work better on lighter and darker colours! Also you can get coloured waxes which work better on certain colours etc also there are things like fillers in glazes etc to take in to account.

I disagree on the colour statement.... Certain sealants or waxes work better on lighter and darker colours! Also you can get coloured waxes which work better on certain colours etc also there are things like fillers in glazes etc to take in to account.

The O/p has already said he had good results on obsidian black. How different to that is Tanzanite Blue?

Why do we have to try to micro analyses every statement on this forum?

I had a tanzanite e55 and now a obsidian black e55 not a massive difference but the black is softer than the tanzanite to polish also the flake in the black is much greater than the blue! Which has changed my polish and how I'm finishing the car! The blue was difficult to get a wet shine to where as the black is much easier to make look better!

You started the micro analysing on the thread topic and the first post... And you were hardly helpful with your comments, the op is wanting some advice on products, yes he has autoglym but there are better products, some which I listed

I would be surprised if the lacquer on blue is different to that on black.

I didn't micro analyse the posts at all, I responded to the O/p as he had already responded tot Nigel.

The O/p appeared to title the thread as a question, then in the post made his own statement as answer. As far as you saying some polishes are better on light or dark coloured paint...we are talking about Tanzanite Blue and Obsidan Black...bot dark colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom