Any point in shopping around for parts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanD

Car
CLS55 AMG IWC
In the past, I've rung MB in Beaconsfield for quotes. Is it the same cost for MB parts in every dealership or can they offer individual deals? If the latter, where tends to be good?

Alternatively, are there any good parts companies left on these boards? I've tried and failed in the past with them to get hold of a C55 front bumper ("too unusual"!?) :fail

I have found variations in parts prices from different dealerships. I use my local one (Teesside) if I need something there and then, but have found the the Newcastle dealership is always cheaper. They also have a shop on eBay (mercedesbenzofnewcastle IIRC) and even though they may not have listed what you require, they will always respond to your email request for parts.
HTH

I always start with Mercedes Inscape Oxford and then compare others. They do an online service, recently purchased two E55 dampers and they were just over £100 cheaper than my next best quote.

There's a CLK front bumper on eBay:
Mercedes CLK AMG W209 Front Bumper Silver 05-09 Genuine

Should fit on OK

I spent a long time looking into that before and couldn't find concrete evidence of someone doing it "easily". It's definitely the right shape; it's just the fittings that are unlikely to match. Even spoke to PCS about it and they advised against it. God knows why MB couldn't have just used common parts in this case ..

Mind you, all it needs it a body shop who's done it before and I'd be there in a flash ..! :bannana:

I rang Inscape Oxford and they landed up being £100 more expensive than Beaconsfield! The latter were happy to apply a discount from the RRP. Annoying as it implies I might get 10 different offers from 10 different dealers .. and that's not even looking at a continental order in Euros!

Loads of guys on mbworld have fitted the CLK63 bumper onto a C55, I myself have fit a CLK63 bumper onto my CLK270 (see link in my SIG). It envolved removing the skin off the bumper frame. Was grief but do able

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom