Anybody got an Intergas boiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
I need a new boiler and have been trawling the net and came across the Intergas brand, has anyone any knowledge of these?

I don't know much about there products. What exactly are you looking for can you be more descriptive please.

As I said I'm not familiar with the brand. I always recomend vaillant boiler as I have done here before.

Personally I will only fit vaillant boiler and yes they are on the pricy side but you offset the cost on the boiler not braking down as regular as other models, if it's been installed correctly you will have many years of trouble fee heating and hot water.

So in summary go for a vaillant ecotech plus or pro.

I hope that helps.

Yeah, the wife.

I know a couple of installers who have fitted them.
Don't know much about them as they are a brand I don't sell.
I do know that a feature they sing about is the lack of a diverter valve.
A common thing to break on a combi so a good idea on paper to do away with it.
Ferroli have a similar boiler out called a Modena.

I need a new boiler and have been trawling the net and came across the Intergas brand, has anyone any knowledge of these?

We don't have one, but when we need a new boiler we will without doubt purchase an Intergas, but I'll keep my boiler going for as long as I can still get the parts to fix it. .

Hi g.p

Out of intest why would you go for one? What boiler do currently have?

If any you guys need help boiler wise please feel free to ask me questions as i'am a gas engineer. I might not have all the answers but I will do what ever I can to help.

Hi g.p

If any you guys need help boiler wise please feel free to ask me questions as i'am a gas engineer. I might not have all the answers but I will do what ever I can to help.

Are you in Manchester? I need a fire capping off.

No sorry south west London.

I'm not advertising for work jst letting people know I can answer questions. Just adding that as I've been told off for advertising which was a accident. See my thread annoying newbie question.

Thanks.

Last edited:
No sorry south west London.

I'm not advertising for work jst letting people know I can answer questions. Just adding that as I've been told off for advertising which was a accident. See my thread annoying newbie question.

Thanks.

No worries :thumb:

As I said mate if you need some advice I'm more than happy to help.

Vaillant or Worcester Bosch are the only two I would consider. We moved to a new build house as few years ago which had an Ideal Icos fitted, stay clear of them whatever you do.

Russ

As I said mate if you need some advice I'm more than happy to help.

As I've stated I was looking around the web and these Intergas boilers get great feedback. The one I have is a Worcester 28cdi and it's about 12 years old but it certainly isn't as efficient as it used to be as my gas bills will testify.
I've narrowed the choice down to an Intergas 36/30 or a Vaillant Ecotec 838

Vaillant for me would be the way to go and try and get one of there approved installers to fit it if you go down that rd. has you current boiler packed up?

Vaillant for me would be the way to go and try and get one of there approved installers to fit it if you go down that rd. has you current boiler packed up?

No really. It's got an intermittent fault whereby the hot water trips itself out every so often but that's gone on for a few years now. All sorts of fixes have been tried but I think it's a fault in the MCB. Anyway during last winter the house didn't feel as warm as it once was and the radiators weren't as hot as in previous years so I'm assuming that the boiler is no longer at its best so rather tahn pay for further investigation and repairs i figured thatafter 12 years I'd be better off with a new one.

Worcester Heat Highflow 400 with balanced flue, cost £450 ish new around 11 years ago.

Living in Worcester I do work in the Worcester Bosch factory and because of which I hear about all their problems from the R & D guys, that's not to say they have major problems, if I were to change the boiler no doubt the carrot would be with Worcs. on price. The intergas boiler, head office been in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire I happen to have a friend of a friend who works for them, they are an up and coming company which seem at the moment not to be cutting corners on design & production with less to go wrong inside them and to date they have had very little go wrong with any of their boilers. .

No really. It's got an intermittent fault whereby the hot water trips itself out every so often but that's gone on for a few years now. All sorts of fixes have been tried but I think it's a fault in the MCB. Anyway during last winter the house didn't feel as warm as it once was and the radiators weren't as hot as in previous years so I'm assuming that the boiler is no longer at its best so rather tahn pay for further investigation and repairs i figured thatafter 12 years I'd be better off with a new one.

Could you go into more detail of the fault as i might be able to, also if you could give me the full model details.

The old worcesters seem to go on for ever, if the heating is not as hot as it used to be then it might be an idear to get the sytem power flushed.

The same rules apply with gas engineers as with... lets say merc indies a good one is gold dust and can save you money.

You need to decide wether its more beneficial to repalce or repair.
any questions just ask.

The boiler just goes off at times when you require hot water usually after the hot water hasn't been used for a few hours. Once reset it runs fine for the rest of the day/few days. The pressure sensor has been replaced, the boiler pressure is fine and the vacuum thingy has been calibrated. The problem never occurs when the CH is running and the fault is never initiated when the CH starts only the HW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom