Anybody switched broadband from AOL?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conquistador

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 S350L BlueTec
I've finally had enough of AOL broadband, I can get almost 10 times faster speed in my area with Sky or BT fibre, but...

...I have an AOL email address which I use regularly for work and need to keep access to. I'm quite confident that AOL will block access to their software from my computer if I switch, but does anybody know if will I still be able to access the email address logging in via AOL webmail? :wallbash:

Sorry, should have mentioned that I have called them and they told me I "won't be able to access the AOL programme".

But I've seen lots of posts on various forums and websites which say that one can still access the email address they have from the webmail.

AOL still exists!? :eek:

Conquistador said:
I've finally had enough of AOL broadband, I can get almost 10 times faster speed in my area with Sky or BT fibre, but...

...I have an AOL email address which I use regularly for work and need to keep access to. I'm quite confident that AOL will block access to their software from my computer if I switch, but does anybody know if will I still be able to access the email address logging in via AOL webmail? :wallbash:

Yep, I've got an old AOL email dating back out 9 years now which I can still access via aol.com. I've not used AOL as a service provider for about 8 years but my old screen name is still valid for the email.

I had same problem. AOL are useless. Swapped to BT, speed up from 1 to 5/6. As long as you have your emails on another client you are ok. I use MacMail. The only emails you are in danger of losing are those stored using AOL. You need to transfer them before you tell AOL to take a hike.

i swapped from aol last month, the new provider took care of everything and i can still access my old emails

I had same issue when leaving AOL many years ago - they said I would no longer be able to access my account so spent ages trying to get a similar hotmail address & advising everone I had changed.
Found out about a year later that I could still access it via AOL.com

I am going to change from AOL soon but my email aint worth a carrot so they can work it! Any recommendations for another supplier? And how do you work out how much internet you use (download limits?)

Tony.

Get an unlimited package..download limits indeed?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom