Anyone been to Annecy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From the Guardian "French police believe a deeply traumatised four-year-old girl who hid for eight hours under the bodies of her slain relatives, and her critically injured sister may hold the key to the gruesome murder of four people in an Alpine beauty spot."

I despair when people come out with stuff like that--- what's a four year old going to say?--- a bad man [ men] came and shot my family? That will really help to find out why this attack was carried out.

The Guardian's report from Hilli's neighbourhood in Claygate, where friends said "nothing in his life points to any reason for him being the victim of a targeted killing" .
What do they expect-- that at the local church fete he is going to say " yes you guessed it I am indeed a "spook" working for organisation X " All counter intelligence people / sleepers /criminals have a legitimate front for the world. Do these people not watch TV? :doh:

QUOTE from the Daily Wail:-

The British father in the French Alps massacre was known to the intelligence services.
Engineer Saad Al-Hilli, 50, was born in Iraq and was put under Special Branch surveillance during the second Gulf War.
Perhaps they thought airbus toilet design was classified ?:rolleyes:

Personally I think it was significant this incident occurred on foreign soil and not in leafy Surrey. They had stayed at that camp site at least a week- plenty time for an assassin/ team to be flown in/put in place.:dk:

Reading some of the news websites, there's quite a lot of emphasis on the fact that the French authorities said that the shots were 'fired from outside', and that the 'car doors were locked', etc.

They seem to be saying that the police are ruling out the possibility that the murderer was travelling in the car, e.g. some sort of family dispute with a fatal ending (and sadly we had a few of those recently in the UK).

All good and well, but the story - as described in the news websites - does not fully explain what was the 7-years old doing outside the locked car?

However - to answer grober's question - I suspect that the police are hoping to gather form the 4-yaers old (and hopefully eventually also from the 7-years old) the sequence of events - was the killer a man that walked up to the car? Did he talk to the victims first? Did he ride in the car with them at any point?

A "plausible" ???:dk: alternative theory appears to be emerging ------Speaking to AFP, Mr Maillaud [ local prosecutor] said: "It seems that there was a dispute between the two brothers about money. This seems to be credible information coming from the British police. The brother will have to be questioned at length. Every lead will be meticulously followed." they did not disclose the brother's location or the nature of the dispute. BBC News - France shootings: Post-mortems due on Alps bodies

I hope the children are being very carefully protected...someone might want them dead.

Gorgeous place, we always have lunch there when we go skiing...

Last place in the world id think of for some dodgy deals to be going down.

I know someone that used to babysit for the family. I've not yet had a chance to ask for her opinion though.

Annecy is beautiful. This reminds me of a time when I was in Los Angeles, talking to a shop keeper. Thirty two people had been shot on the freeways the first week we were there, and he said what a violent place the UK was, on finding out where we were from. When I asked him why, his answer was the first I heard about the Hungerford killings. Co-incidentally, I was also in Los Angeles at the time of the Dunblane shootings.

Last edited:
Seems, from radio reports today, that the family owns a substantial amount of property and that the two brothers have been disputing ownership for quite a while...

There goes the Iraqi nuclear scientists theory...

Seems, from radio reports today, that the family owns a substantial amount of property and that the two brothers have been disputing ownership for quite a while...

Must be a hell of a lot of property and a big dispute when you go to the trouble of using automatic weapons, wipe out 4 people and leave a severely traumatised child.

And highly likely to get caught, serve a long sentance and lose the lot.

Hope it was worth it.

Must be a hell of a lot of property and a big dispute when you go to the trouble of using automatic weapons, wipe out 4 people and leave a severely traumatised child.

Its possible it was a family feud about money, but even if it was, the way in which it was settled might be an indication of the true origins of the " family business" How many professional hit men have you got on speed dial if you get my drift ? ;)

Well you have to admit that the fact that the brother has not yet come forward does raise suspicion.

Of course, he may be lying face down in a ditch somewhere, or just happens to be on raft in the ocean re-enacting the Kon Tiki crossing with Thor Heyerdahl, but other than that you do wonder why has he not made himself known to the police as yet?

Not that it will stop the conspiracy theorists amongst us... I haven't Googled it yet, but I am sure that somewhere someone is already saying that Saad Al-Hilli never had a brother...

Well you have to admit that the fact that the brother has not yet come forward does raise suspicion.

Of course, he may be lying face down in a ditch somewhere, or just happens to be on raft in the ocean re-enacting the Kon Tiki crossing with Thor Heyerdahl, but other than that you do wonder why has he not made himself known to the police as yet?

Not that it will stop the conspiracy theorists amongst us... I haven't Googled it yet, but I am sure that somewhere someone is already saying that Saad Al-Hilli never had a brother...
He's been interviewed by the UK police twice. First time he went to the police station to ask if it was his brother that had been killed in France. Second at police request-- speculation is he may be interviewed by members of the French Police who are in this country as part of the investigation also. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19524231

Last edited:
What if the 'hit' was on the cyclist and not the family?? Maybe they stumbled on his killing and not the other way around. Worth looking at?

Iraqi aerospace boffin in execution style hit?

Mossad.

nick mercedes beat you to it :)

Iraqi aerospace boffin in execution style hit?

Mossad.

Booman Tribune ~ A Progressive Community

Iraqi aerospace boffin happens to meet Sylvain Mollier, who just happens to work for CEZUS (the global leader on the zirconium market, produces zirconium alloy tubes, bars, and sheets for pressurized water reactors (PWRs) and boiling water reactors (BWRs).) in a remote carpark and everyone gets shot targeted assassination stylee...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom