Anyone been to the theate recently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Im thinking of taking the other half to the theatre for a show..

any recommendations..

ive heard lots positive about Priscilla, queen of the Desert..

War Horse and Yes, Prime Minister are both very good.

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is very, very different. No doubt it is energetic and fun with really OTT drag costumes but a real Marmite experience. My wife & friends we went with though it was a really fun evening whilst I though it was loud, flashy and content free pile of brain dead ****e.(IIRC one review said it made Mamma Mia! look like one of the more sombre works of Chekhov.)

Go see Stomp.

Trying to organise War Horse at the moment , as have heard great things about it so I second all other comments.

We saw Les Miserables on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Worth a go if you've not seen it. More surprising that it was a full house [after 25 years].

War Horse is quite good but Priscilla is far better especially if you are 45 plus as it has lots of late 70s songs, really great fun show

The thing about Priscilla is, if you've seen the movie - the theatre is a bit of a drag - no apologies for the pun.

This is such a subjective question - it all depends what sort of things you like.

Comedy
Musical (drama, love, comedy)
Drama
Farce
Shakespeare

I got to the theatre a reasonable amount, but something that one person likes another may not.

(IIRC one review said it made Mamma Mia! look like one of the more sombre works of Chekhov.)

LOL!

:thumb:

Theatre Fan

War Horse and Yes, Prime Minister are both very good.

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is very, very different. No doubt it is energetic and fun with really OTT drag costumes but a real Marmite experience. My wife & friends we went with though it was a really fun evening whilst I though it was loud, flashy and content free pile of brain dead ****e.(IIRC one review said it made Mamma Mia! look like one of the more sombre works of Chekhov.)

Go see Stomp.

War horse is not my favorite but still a hit show and Yes Prime Minister Is like the series a great Political Satire and a Must see Show! Ghost the Musicla is good Aswell and Ive heard great things about Million Dollar Quartet but not a big fan of Elvys...xx

tjack55...see ya.

The Lion King is fabulous.

I saw Priscilla also and although I knew nothing about it before I saw it as it was a group trip, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Im thinking of taking the other half to the theatre for a show...

Apart-from-that-Mrs.jpg

See ya Renault;) With a name like that you should have a Car of The Renault Manufacturer insctead of a Benz lol Take care xx :D

See ya Renault;) With a name like that you should have a Car of The Renault Manufacturer insctead of a Benz lol Take care xx :D

And now in English please ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom