Anyone good with OBD fault codes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecain63

Car
'62 C63 PPP Saloon. Red. V5 Map. Remus exhaust. 181mph at Vmax stealth
I get the feeling this one is a spurious code as i have seen it come and go in the past. I also used to get spurious codes on my A45 as some of the requested sensor data wasn't supported by the car.

I probably scan my car every week or so and since Christmas, when I bought the car I've seen this code maybe 3 times. It'll usually clear and not return when rescanned. Today however it won't go away. Maybe I need to go for a drive to recycle the ECU as it (OBD device) says that it can take a few 'non-fault' journeys to fully clear a Grey Code.

The code is P1061 - Powertrain.
Saab.
Manufacturer Controlled DTC
Injector 6 Low Output
Wiring Open Circuit / Short to Ground, Injector

I have no running issues. The car is still pulling the expected (for 520-530bhp) vbox times and there is no CEL / EML.

Any ideas?

As I said, I'm expecting it to be nothing but an ODB data discrepancy but thought I'd ask anyway.

Eddie

What scanner are you using? Any reason to scan it every week?

Torque bluetooth ODB scanner.

No reason other than I leave the dongle in the OBD port all the time and take regular data reads for personal / comparison purposes. I have a WhatsApp group that is quite heavy on the Vbox and diagnostics stuff as we all attend 1/4 mile and top speed events. I only see the fault codes as part of my data pull.

If I didn't have the dongle in the port I'd never know there was a fault code as the car runs perfectly as far as I can tell and have no CEL or EML

OBD, not Old Dirty *******

The code is P1061 - Powertrain.
Saab.
Manufacturer Controlled DTC
Injector 6 Low Output
Wiring Open Circuit / Short to Ground, Injector

There maybe the answer, a spurious code.

P1061 on a merc could be:

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
Return hose off
Fuel supply hose fuel leak - High pressure system

P1061 on a merc could be:

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
Return hose off
Fuel supply hose fuel leak - High pressure system

Interesting.

What database is that from?

Looks like 'ghost' faults. Are you running a tuning box? I wonder if this is causing this

It's running a Eurocharged V5 map and Remus exhaust (catback).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom