Anyone have someone who can anodise in small quantities?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
I have a few bits of anodised aluminium on my W114 coupe that could do with repair and re-anodising and so far enquiries have led me nowhere. Anyone used an anodiser they can recommend who will deal with a few bits and pieces?

Hello Charles,

Anodising is a funny game, a lot of people think they can do it but few do it well. I can recommend these people though:

A1 Anodising Ltd, Crawley, W. Sussex UK,anodising & metal finishing

One of my machined part suppliers uses these guys, they are probably the best anodisers I've come across in 25 years of dealing with electroplaters. I would imagine they're not the cheapest, but definitely worth a call.

Cheers,

Gaz.

Charles - Metro Anodising in Eskdale Road, Uxbridge have done a couple of small jobs for me. No use phoning, you have to go into their office with parts in hand and tell them it's a cash job. They were very helpful and did a good job for me. They anodised all the black parts on this small steam engine for me.

Attachments

• P1010567_small.jpg
    P1010567_small.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 34
We use SMB plating in Plymouth. I actually enquired yesterday about some brackets for our aircraft engine. If your not in a mad rush send them to me and I'll get them done with our bits.

Thanks all, two firms not far away are an ideal starting point.

There is/was a place in Colnbrook, used them years ago.

Not yet - just been so busy. Popped into the guys in Maidenhead who said it was chromed aluminium, and the only guy they knew who could do it had a six month lead time at present. Decided the best thing to do was fit it as is and find a better quality used one at leisure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom