anyone help with wheel sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leeroy

Car
62 plate E350 saloon w212
Hi guys I have posted here before regarding alloy wheels.....and have seen the ones I fancy ( to fit a 62 plate E350 W212)..can someone tell me if 20" x10.5" wide will fit under the rear arches without rubbing?...they are staggered and the fronts are 9.5....or do I go with 19"x 8.5 fronts and 19x9.5 rears????.... and lower the car a little? ...what springs are best to lower it with?..eibach?..and will I start clipping kerbs and speed bumps with it lowered?....cheers guys...any help be appreciated.

The important bit is the ET of the wheel (e.g.: ET48), which essentially means how much does the rim extend outwards compared to the hub surface. Incorrect ET for your car will mean that the tyres will rub on the wheel arches when cornering or under load. The ET for each approved wheel size will be listed in the car's Owners Manual.

The link below will give you some ideas of wheel sizes suitable for your car (W212):

Mercedes E Class Saloon Alloys (W212) - Alloy Wheels Direct

And also keep in mind that you should notify your insurer when changing factory-fitted wheels to different ones.

Last edited:
Firstly, MB only supply wheels for the E class W212 that go up to 19". Brabus supply 20" ones so I assume the ones you like are aftermarket wheels?

The thing to be very wary of is the ET or offset. Get it wrong and the wheel can rub against either the brake caliper and suspension strut or the wheel arch.

I wouldn't go over 19 inch personally and as you can see from the chart below, (2nd column front and 5th column rear) you need to get the ET pretty close to those recommended.

Attachments

• W212.JPG
    W212.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 26
Firstly, MB only supply wheels for the E class W212 that go up to 19". Brabus supply 20" ones so I assume the ones you like are aftermarket wheels?

The thing to be very wary of is the ET or offset. Get it wrong and the wheel can rub against either the brake caliper and suspension strut or the wheel arch.

I wouldn't go over 19 inch personally and as you can see from the chart below, (2nd column front and 5th column rear) you need to get the ET pretty close to those recommended.

how much difference witht the Et(offset) can i go??..
yes the wheels i have seen are after,aftermarket ones not brabus..its a hard choice with the W212 saloon i dont want it looking stupid but want something a little different...

BRAND:
JUDD

MODEL:T311R
SIZE:F:9x20 R:10.5x20
OFFSET:F:20-45 R:20-42
PCD/FITMENT:5x112
COLOUR:MATT GUNMETAL
RIM DIAMETER:20
FRONT RIM WIDTH:9J
REAR RIM WIDTH:10.5J
STUD DIAMETER:112
NUMBER OF STUDS:5
TO FIT MAKE:Mercedes E63 AMG 10-ON
STYLE:STAGGERED - WIDER REAR

371548152978_1.jpg

Looks a nice wheel Leeroy:thumb:

I honestly wouldn't like to give a "this will fit 100%" opinion on what ET you need with a 20 inch wheel in case I'm wrong.

Can you contact the wheel supplier with the ET of your current wheels (they'll be cast into the rear spoke of your oem wheels) and ask their opinion?

I'd still stick with 19"'s as they will be stiff enough let alone what 20's will be like.

Looks a nice wheel Leeroy:thumb:

I honestly wouldn't like to give a "this will fit 100%" opinion on what ET you need with a 20 inch wheel in case I'm wrong.

Can you contact the wheel supplier with the ET of your current wheels (they'll be cast into the rear spoke of your oem wheels) and ask their opinion?

I'd still stick with 19"'s as they will be stiff enough let alone what 20's will be like.

I will do some digging about see what the offset is on mine so i can match up some wheels...
am still looking for different wheels all the time as i cant make my mind up 100% ...these are at the top of my list ATM .....probably change my mind by the time i come to buy some....got before the summer comes..

Leeroy, you will more than likely find that 9j on the front (as per the ad) and 10.5j rears will be fine dependant on offset (as already stated). I have the same set up on mine, albeit on a CLS in 20".
If you find the offset by removing one of each wheel to be sure, you will have a better idea, you may need to to use hubcentric spacers (on the rear) to get the best results of 'flush' fitment with the arches.
Cracking choice of wheel BTW!

Just noticed you are in Cleveland, where about are you based??

Leeroy, you will more than likely find that 9j on the front (as per the ad) and 10.5j rears will be fine dependant on offset (as already stated). I have the same set up on mine, albeit on a CLS in 20".
If you find the offset by removing one of each wheel to be sure, you will have a better idea, you may need to to use hubcentric spacers (on the rear) to get the best results of 'flush' fitment with the arches.
Cracking choice of wheel BTW!

Cheers Abb...i am offshore ATM but will get on it when i get home...you have a good pic of your car and wheels so i can see what they look like??

Just noticed you are in Cleveland, where about are you based??

Stockton

Am offshore too, well onshore cos I have been bumped! lol Stockton.....well theres no excuse for a mega mini meet! I will be home later in the week to enjoy my 28 off, so will give you a shout and sort something out mate.
There's a thread on here when I had it detailed with lots of pics. My wheels are different in regards to spokes, but are concaved in design the same as the ones you are looking at. Mine are powder coated gunmetal again, started of slate grey, then rainbow chrome and now gunmetal :D

Am offshore too, well onshore cos I have been bumped! lol Stockton.....well theres no excuse for a mega mini meet! I will be home later in the week to enjoy my 28 off, so will give you a shout and sort something out mate.
There's a thread on here when I had it detailed with lots of pics. My wheels are different in regards to spokes, but are concaved in design the same as the ones you are looking at. Mine are powder coated gunmetal again, started of slate grey, then rainbow chrome and now gunmetal :D

Pictures dont work pal..:doh:

So they dont! Strange as they are on my photobucket account, have no idea why they aren't working. Sorry about that, guess you will just have to see it in the flesh. In the meantime I will try and figure whats gone wrong!

So they dont! Strange as they are on my photobucket account, have no idea why they aren't working. Sorry about that, guess you will just have to see it in the flesh. In the meantime I will try and figure whats gone wrong!

Car looks well on them wheels, good colour choice!....i been looking at them wheels too they got em on the web...good price wasnt sure what they would look like on an e class..and still not sure on wheel colour may go for anthracite on mine.....and i need to do some de-chroming too Lol

how much difference witht the Et(offset) can i go??..
yes the wheels i have seen are after,aftermarket ones not brabus..its a hard choice with the W212 saloon i dont want it looking stupid but want something a little different...

BRAND:
JUDD

MODEL:T311R
SIZE:F:9x20 R:10.5x20
OFFSET:F:20-45 R:20-42
PCD/FITMENT:5x112
COLOUR:MATT GUNMETAL
RIM DIAMETER:20
FRONT RIM WIDTH:9J
REAR RIM WIDTH:10.5J
STUD DIAMETER:112
NUMBER OF STUDS:5
TO FIT MAKE:Mercedes E63 AMG 10-ON
STYLE:STAGGERED - WIDER REAR

371548152978_1.jpg
Hi bud. I'm fairly new here, I have a w212 e350. I got some et35 8.5x20 and et30 10.5x20

And they only just protrude on rear its only a tiny but past flush, fronts are not protruding.

I'm gonna have to try a lower tyre though.
I went with 245 35 20 and 275 30 20

But with passengers going over big speedbumps I get a touch somewhere on both front and rear but it's so slight I hear it but I can't see any marking so not sure where contact is.

Let me know how you get on.

I'm gonna try 245 30 20 and 285 25 20

Hi bud. I'm fairly new here, I have a w212 e350. I got some et35 8.5x20 and et30 10.5x20

And they only just protrude on rear its only a tiny but past flush, fronts are not protruding.

I'm gonna have to try a lower tyre though.
I went with 245 35 20 and 275 30 20

But with passengers going over big speedbumps I get a touch somewhere on both front and rear but it's so slight I hear it but I can't see any marking so not sure where contact is.

Let me know how you get on.

I'm gonna try 245 30 20 and 285 25 20

Attachments

• 20201215_131240.jpg
    20201215_131240.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom