Anyone Interested In A Guitar Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hawkwind, those Vintage guitars are great. I have a LP Goldtop with P90s (actually P100 stacked humbuckers) and I can't see where the extra £1500 is in a Gibson.

I agree, Vintage are great value for money.

While I've played a friends Les Paul, I didn't really get a feel for it as it's in such perfect condition I was concentrating more on avoiding scratching it with the belt I was wearing at the time.

But there's the problem :mad: I don't mind so much about my Les Paul Vintage copy, if it gets scratched it's not the end of the world :dk: and the SG has a lovely aged patina already, so it doesn't matter :D

While I've played a friends Les Paul, I didn't really get a feel for it as it's in such perfect condition I was concentrating more on avoiding scratching it with the belt I was wearing at the time.

This is so true - as roadie, I'm like a soccer mom with my lad's guitars :crazy:.

66a644c1e78030ef2a8dcb66f9eb69b0.jpg

Back row Chris Shiflett tele deluxe Sunn Mustang strat copy with epiphone bridge humbucker Kurt Cobain Jaguar
Les Paul Classic SG Special Les Paul Jr and on the floor sheriton 2 semi acoustic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of you guys have a Dunlop UV1 univibe pedal by any chance?

My latest acquisition, now just need to learn to play like Hank Marvin

IMG_M0011.jpg

Nice thread!

Can't play guitar, but I do play bass. Been 6 months in a Belgian band, playing mostly rock covers. My gear is:

* Fender Precision 1973 ash and maple, flats - play this in the band, great for rock, Motown
* Lakland Skyline JO5 sunburst & rosewood - this for funk, gospel, jazzy, modern stuff
* Fender Squire Precision white, flatwounds low C
--------------------------------------------------------
Amps
Traynor Bloc80B 120W 15" - since the 80s!
Ampeg BA210v2 450W - bought new this year

Other
USB audio devices, practice headphone amps, etc
* Zoom B3 multi-pedal. Very useful.
* Boss BR-80 - great little multitrack & practice box
* Apogee One - high quality mic and USB audio
* Korg PX5D - practice box, bit knackered

Here's the first two from some random pics on my phone....
e195e41b586f5ae4e04d3d7d27ca9972.jpg

9b327e18ef3042f9fed7de24a08826c9.jpg

If anyone wants a bassline added to a song, PM me a link to the audio. I'd be glad to have a go

Just doing a bunch of bass playalongs that will go up on YouTube. Aims are to make me learn the songs better, interest the band I'm in (I'll be recording playalongs on all our covers, generally add to my song portfolio, especially for people looking for a bassist, then... world domination! lol .....but I'll happily settle for playing in pubs and the odd festival

P.S. odd how Tapatalk displays the first image (rather than the last) of the last post with one.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

These are a couple of my favourites out of a collection, well into the teens, albeit, built up over a number of years. SWMBO seems quite comfortable with it and, let's be fair, you can never have enough guitars.

The Strat is a 57 Reissue. When I bought it, it had a single ply finger plate. I changed it to a double ply pearl one which looks much nicer.

The semi acoustic is a Taylor 614CE and is fabulous to play. It has thicker strings and always tuned to Open C (CGCGCE) I'm a big fan of Celtic Folk (Dougie McClain) and much is played in open C.

Dougie used a lot of open tunings in his songs. When he still had the TAYBANK in Dunkeld a lucky few of us would get the occasional preview of one his latest compositions , usually played on a Taylor as you say. I remember at one point he helped design a Signature version of one of legendary Glasgow luthier's Jimmy Moon's guitars. Only a few were made and Dougie was most upset when his model got trashed in its flight case on one tour meaning he had to borrow another till his one was repaired / replaced.
I believe this is short Video clip of the Signature launch party [YOUTUBE HD]clepeNIvTqY[/YOUTUBE HD]

Thinking along gr1nch's lines the whole thing of 'virtual bands' can be quite a lot of fun. Take a few minutes to listen to 'virtual zeppelin'. This is a few years ago and at the time I believe that non of these guys had met. IIRC the singer has done a stint with Mr Bonham's son in a Zep tribute band since. Very high quality cover:

[YOUTUBE]Uhbzi3O8zh0[/YOUTUBE]

That's really neat. I'm guessing they took turns in recording tracks? I wonder if there's a multi-track mixer and recorder online to facilitate this...

That's really neat. I'm guessing they took turns in recording tracks? I wonder if there's a multi-track mixer and recorder online to facilitate this...

Yes it is rather good isn't it? Each of them did they're bit in different parts of the world and then it was all mixed together by one of the band. I assume they all used the same recording software.

Dougie used a lot of open tunings in his songs. When he still had the TAYBANK in Dunkeld a lucky few of us would get the occasional preview of one his latest compositions , usually played on a Taylor as you say. I remember at one point he helped design a Signature version of one of legendary Glasgow luthier's Jimmy Moon's guitars. Only a few were made and Dougie was most upset when his model got trashed in its flight case on one tour meaning he had to borrow another till his one was repaired / replaced.
I believe this is short Video clip of the Signature launch party [YOUTUBE HD]clepeNIvTqY[/YOUTUBE HD]

I actually saw him at Dunkeld Village Hall about 10 years ago. My wife and I flew up and stayed in the village. Had dinner in the Taybank. What a great location.

I've been to a number of his concerts in my local area (Kent) but the Dunkeld one was my favourite.

Those Moon guitars are beautiful. They must be good if Dougie moved from Taylor.

I also play some of his stuff in DADGAD. In the days of the Wee Guitar forum I was once sent a zip file containing Tab for many of his songs. Very good and got me into all the alternative tunings.

55057a810c0d317e95847c9018c2826b.jpg

Latest purchase. A Squier Bullit Mustang with a Dimarzio Super distortion in the bridge. Total spending £170

My 13 yr old Grandson's currently having lessons, using his dad's Yamaha acoustic to practice at home, and my yonks old Hohner (not Hofner) steel strung acoustic at school.

I've just bought an Epiphone LP Special II for him as his first non-acoustic, but I'm enjoying playing it myself, at least as much as my arthritis will allow, so it might be a while before he gets his hands on it..........

The lower budget guitars have really up'd their game

Avnt said:
The lower budget guitars have really up'd their game Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a second hand sixty quid squire strat to learn theory and scales on, cant fault it :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom