Anyone know of this C43 AMG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTM88

Car
Peugeot 308 GT Line
Hi all,

Spotted this. Seems like a bit of a bargain. Does anyone know of the car? I have seen that it's out of MOT...looks like driver's door has been painted before and a few scuffs here and there. Just wondered if anyone knew about the car?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202024311324

Off the road for nine years until 2015; the 'big service' at 40K was twelve years ago or more. I wonder what servicing it's had since. Hmmm...

Last edited:
9 years is a long time for a car like this to sit and do nothing. It seems like a steal but then whys the current owner not got it MOT'd? Something stinks a bit about it but I have checked and it's not been declared a write off. I can't make my mind up about whether it's great value or a money pit! Things like paintwork and the wheels don't bother me it's the mechanical bits I'd worry about.

probably worth a gamble at that price, but then it is not my money

9 years is a long time for a car like this to sit and do nothing. It seems like a steal but then whys the current owner not got it MOT'd? Something stinks a bit about it but I have checked and it's not been declared a write off. I can't make my mind up about whether it's great value or a money pit! Things like paintwork and the wheels don't bother me it's the mechanical bits I'd worry about.

I've asked the seller about an MoT; he will get it done for the sale. Poor selling technique, but if a tidy one is really worth £15K, it should sell easily.

He's put the price up now to £7000 from £6300 Probably to take into account possible need for brakes. I'm not sure about it really now.

Last edited:
Are good ones of these really selling for £15k now? Are there any examples of this?

I seem to remember someone selling an absolutely mint car a year or so ago for around £12k and couldn't get any interest at all.

Yes a Forum member had the best C43 in the country ( In My Opinion ) and had no interest for £ 10,000

C43AMG said:
Yes a Forum member had the best C43 in the country ( In My Opinion ) and had no interest for £ 10,000

That car is heavily modified, non oem engine brakes etc and approx 100k miles it will never fetch top money.

MOT history is pretty grim reading and the photos show it is quite a neglected car.

Not sure it would be worth £15k even if tidied.

I believe he turned a £10k offer from a forum member down? Was in the very beginning though.

MOT history is pretty grim reading and the photos show it is quite a neglected car.

Not sure it would be worth £15k even if tidied.

I think I'm with you there with the MOT history. That and the current owner doesn't fill me with positivity. I have asked a few other questions yesterday with no reply so not bothered at all now. I'm in Fife, Scotland and car is in Kent...done that journey before for a car but not for this one.

That car is heavily modified, non oem engine brakes etc and approx 100k miles it will never fetch top money.

Rather illustrates the absurdity of the classic car market, doesn't it? A well-modified car, a better drive in virtually every way, is worth less than an 'original' car.

The C43 requires a new waterpump too as it leaks apparently..it's had a total of 3 services. in it's lifetime, last done 2015...he said he'd take £6000 but nah. Just sounds like a money-pit

Never going to be worth £15k even in top top condition IMHO. At least for some years at least.

You could probably spend £15k on it and still not get £15k

mattc43 said:
You could probably spend £15k on it and still not get £15k

Totally agree - sold my minter 2 yrs or so back for just under 5k, felt i under sold at the time. i've been following the prices ever since and, at best, still cant be worth much more than 6-7k. there's been a few decent ones floating around the 12k mark for months now - ad's get removed and then listed again a few weeks later. 15k? no chance!

This particular car is a dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom