Anyone received a parking ticket in London in a suspended bay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
.......then watch Inside Out BBC 1 (London) at 7:30pm tonight. (also available on iPlayer).
Apparently there are some 364000+ illegally isued tickets as the councils had no authority to make up there own signs, so pile in and get your money back!

My car got towed away once... Loads of us had the same thing, we parked our car in our normal bays, one day came back to find all the cars cleared..

Panicked for a while then...

I'll be watching this with great interest. I have paid thousands of punds in parking tickets to hammersmith and Fulham council, most of it due to my residents parking permit falling off the windscreen and not being visible.

I'll be watching this with great interest. I have paid thousands of punds in parking tickets to hammersmith and Fulham council, most of it due to my residents parking permit falling off the windscreen and not being visible.

Sellotape might be a good investment for your residents.

lol, which is exctly what I ended up using. Most of it came it about during a 2 week holiday, in which time I received 13 parking tickets, all chellenged, and hence doubled in price. Others were due to living smack bang in between Chelsea and Fulham football grounds, one of which was always having a home game and it was basically impossible to park on a saturday. Anway, all were paid, even if somewhat begrudgingly, but I would be delighted if by some chance I could claim some of it back.

I had one years ago, sign right by my parked car stated the chargable hours were until 8pm. I got there at 8:30pm and parked and left. Came back to a ticket stating I had parked in a suspended bay. There was a sign five spaces down by the ticket machine saying the bays were suspended, but as I walked off in the opposite direction I never saw it, besides the sign by my car was not suspended.

Anyway, I contested it and the appeal was turned down, following day I got another letter saying the charge had been dropped as goodwill due to a technicality.

Scallies, the lot of them!

I must be lucky that I have only had three parking tickets in my entire motoring career ( since circa 1975 ) .

My experience is that in Westminster, if a car is parked in suspended bay but has valid residents parking permit for that area, the traffic wardens would relocate it to a free residents bay but not issue a PCN.

On other occasions we had a call at home asking us to remove the vehicle (they would have our number from the residents permit).

I think the issue is that if a car is parked in suspended bay but has no residents parking permit, it can't be relocated to anywhere other than to the Council's car pound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom