Anyone test drove the W205 C63S Coupe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sazzyb

Car
C63 Coupe PPP
It was officially released in January but due to the immense demand not many dealers have one in their showroom. My local dealer hopes to get one in December :eek:

Have you tried a W205 C63S saloon?

Reason for asking is I picked up my W205 on Saturday, having had a W204 C63 for the past 4 years. As you would expect, there are a number of quite sizeable differences between them (beyond the obvious change in displacement!), and I would expect the difference between the coupe and saloon to be small compared with the difference between W204 and W205.

Last edited:
Have you tried a W205 C63S saloon?

Reason for asking is I picked up my W205 on Saturday, having had a W204 C63 for the past 4 years. As you would expect, there are a number of quite sizeable differences between them (beyond the obvious change in displacement!), and I would expect the difference between the coupe and saloon to be small compared with the difference between W204 and W205.

I'm very jealous of you right now. I adore the 205 C63. What made you change? Only asking because the general consensus here is the 204 is the more favoured one of the two.

Are you happy with the change?

Would love to see a few pics when you have time.

Ant. :thumb:

I made the change as my 204 had done 66k miles and I was concerned it was soon going to start costing a lot of money, prompted by the auxiliary drive belt going pop in February. I wanted the 4.0 biturbo as opposed to the E63 5.5 since I figured that as the second generation V8 turbo after the demise of the 6.2 it would probably be better.

I'm very happy with the change. I will probably post a thread once I have got through the running in period and can open the taps a bit more to give my opinions on the differences, but in general so far:

The new car feels stiffer and yet rides better, at least in comfort mode and even with 19" rims rather than 18s I had before
The interior is leagues ahead
The sound is very different, lower and rumblier at low revs, haven't done more than 4000 rpm yet though.
The performance exhaust is loud
There is more space inside
The additional torque is noticeable and very good
I think there is more tyre roar, not sure if this is because of wider section tyres, Pilot Sports instead of P-Zeroes or because the car is more civilised on the motorway so you notice it more.

The biggest difference beside the sound is the ride; it feels like a much crisper, stiffer machine and yet crashes over potholes nowhere near as much as the 204, despite bigger rims.

Will post some pics soon.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom