Anyone used Zymol Carbon Wax (or similar recommendations?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Hi everyone,

In readyness for the spring, I'm looking to treat the 2.5-16 to a good clean up and wax. Generally in good condition from previous care but I'd like to try a proper wax this time.

Have previously dabbled with many of the high street brands but I'm considering something better now. Have thought about Zymol Carbon before - anyone tried it? Thoughts/experiences?

http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymolcarbonwax8oz.aspx

Don't really want to buy a whole tub and find out that it's a pain to apply or doesn't give the results that I hope for! I take it I'd also need some HD-cleanse before applying?

Any other suggestions or is this a waste of money - better suggestions for dark paint in particular appreciated :)

Will

I havent used carbon, but I have used Titanium.
Lovely gloss but like Swizzwax hard hork to apply and remove.
You are supposed to use your finger tips to apply and not a sponge or cloth.
Dont let it dry as its a nightmare to remove.
Where abouts in Surrey are you?

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for that.

I'm near Walton. You're not going to the MB World meet by any chance later this month? :)

Will

SwissVax Onyx on black is awesome. You can only buy direct from SwissVax themselves now though which is a bit of a pain.

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/products/wax-products.asp

RenaultMeganeSport22503-08-2007002.jpg

I use Zymol Carbon and swear by it. Easy to apply, no dust and lasts well.

I bought mine 5 years ago and I still have a third or so left. Expensive but worth it.

I use Zymol Carbon and swear by it. Easy to apply, no dust and lasts well.

I bought mine 5 years ago and I still have a third or so left. Expensive but worth it.

You're not going to the MB World meet later this month by any chance? :)

Would love to see or try a tiny bit before comitting to an entire pot. Do you use the HD-Cleanse etc as well?

Will

Where in Surrey are you?

I'm only in Kingston.

Hi Spike - pretty local, near Walton.

I'll send you a PM :)

Cheers,

Will

Will i have some you can use, let me know how you get on with Spike.

The best bit is the smell of the pre-cleanse. Just like Baileys, mmmmm

I use Meguairs #83 and then Collinite 486S.....would be better to use the Meguairs with a polisher but I don't have one..

I used to be a fan of Zymol, but the cost is about 3 times more than most of the other products which are comparable. Try Race Glaze 55 - which is just as rich wax content wise, but about a 1/3 of the price of Concours glaze. Gives a lovely sheen to the car. I'm also now experimenting with Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze, (effectively a cleanser) which is just brilliant with a random orbital polisher.

Still got to remove the orange peel marks, and be warned, MB paint (the nano particle paint) is very very hard. So that's a job for the spring - this should correct the remaining paint defects from the dealer (I think they used a car wash - not good).

I have Zymol Glasur in the garage - definitely need HD Cleanse - especially if you're not going to clay and polish it beforehand.

I'm two thirds the way through claying and machine polishing the van with Poorboys SSR3 and Autoglym SRP followed by Boora.

Zymol on the Porsche after HD Cleanse:

996_C4_2_2.jpg

Last edited:
I have Zymol Glasur in the garage - definitely need HD Cleanse beforehand - especially if you're not going to clay and polish it beforehand.

I'm two thirds the way through claying and machine polishing the van with Porboys SSR3 and Autoglym SRP followed by Boora.

Zymol on the Porsche after HD Cleanse:

996_C4_2_2.jpg

Wow - stunning looking finish on the Porsche there Andy :cool:

I can't hope to achieve quite the same level of perfection as that (on a 20 year old car with the inevitable stone chips etc), but it's something to aspire to!

Will

Try R222 from HERE I've used Zymol, Swissvax, poor boys everything in the past but nothing beats this stuff and Mike the owner a great guy full of loads of free advice and bear in mind the paint on mine below is 12 years old
CLKOut.jpg

Cheers guys,

Stats/Peter - If I don't get around to deciding on/sourcing some wax before the Brooklands meet next weekend, perhaps I could try a tiny amount on a panel whilst we are there if the weather is nice (happy to buy you a coffee for your troubles :) )

I'll try and get it thoroughly washed/clayed and polished before hand obviously.

Would be nice to see a back-to-back comparison between a couple of products I guess!

Cheers,

Will

Should be there so no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom