Apple CarPlay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

erdnase

Car
E Class Coupe 2016
Anybody tried this out yet.I assumed I could connect via bluetooth but it seems not to be the case yet.

i have it but it depends on other spec you have in the car, i find i dont need it.

I've had it in the last two cars of mine. You can set it to activate automatically when you plug in a iPhone or manually so that you select the activation from the telephone menu in COMAND.

It's limited in functionality, to be honest. If Car Play is activated you can't use the COMAND navigation, you have to use Apple Maps which in itself is pretty poor. You can't listen to music from any other source other than your iPhone (so nothing off SD cards or usb devices) but you can choose radio.

You can send and receive text messages using Siri, so you can't read any text, just hear the messages being read and you can dictate replies.

You can use a basic form of Spotify which actually works quite well.

I really only use it to send (dictate) texts but even then not very often. Not a great addition and I'd not miss it.

Steve

How to I establish if my CLA has Apple CarPlay? Mercedes website suggests I do but nothing happens when I plug it in. Thanks

Is there an updated list anywhere of which Mercedes cars come with Apple Carplay. It doen't seem obvious that all new models do...

How to I establish if my CLA has Apple CarPlay? Mercedes website suggests I do but nothing happens when I plug it in. Thanks

None of the C class range can have CarPlay. Its not supported at all.

The W205 C class, W222 S class and the Vito/viano cannot have CarPlay. This includes derivitives such as the CLA and GLC.

My dealer has informed me that my new GLC won't come with Apple Carplay and that only when the facelift comes out will it be available for the GLC.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get it through software update? Or does the current bluetooth hardware not support it?

I always assumed they were going to update the software on the GLC and make it Apple CarPlay compatible. The infotainment system is the worst feature on the car and one of the worst on any of the new cars I've driven recently.

My dealer has informed me that my new GLC won't come with Apple Carplay and that only when the facelift comes out will it be available for the GLC.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get it through software update? Or does the current bluetooth hardware not support it?

I've no idea why anyone has been told that an update will put ACP onto a GLC. It's definitely not coming until facelift on C or GLC, when they switch over to the system in the E Class. An update definitely won't be available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our other car has it.

Total waste of money. Totally useless. Never use it.

Basically siri works fine but would never really use it while driving.

If it seamlessly synched with google maps which I use as my sat nav of choise, then that would be a different matter

Agreed - waste of time - don't use it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom