1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Apple lion problem with excel

Discussion in 'PC and I.T support/Advice posts' started by nigel cross, Aug 2, 2011.

1. nigel cross

nigel cross Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W164 ML350 Audi S4
    A problem has occurred since my upgrade to lion.
    When I open a word or excel document, t doesn't open the one I'm after but the last one I looked at.
    But if i chose the open document and then close excel it works ok,
    looks like an issue with the open save new app

2. jepho

jepho Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C220 CDI Coupe
    I haven't looked at this article just yet because I do not have any issues as yet but this may be the solution to your issue. :)

2 people like this.
  3. rascalmaster

rascalmaster Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Brabus D5 (E280 CDI) Avantgarde, E280 CDI Sport Estate, E320 Avantgarde now sold
    I haven't had trouble with excell since lion...

4. OP
    OP
    nigel cross

nigel cross Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W164 ML350 Audi S4
    Dont think its that, looks like if you use your Mac with multi users, you can resume the programmes that you were using before yoy switched users. Previously you had to load them all up from scratch

1 person likes this.
  5. jepho

jepho Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 C220 CDI Coupe
    I see... I was considering the new saved state function. Each user should be able to open the software they were using at the place they were using it. surely each user has a different login so the computer does not know what software state to bring up until the login process is complete and the particular software is invoked by the user after a legitimate login process has been completed.