Are these plates Road Legal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No they are not legal.

And they look twatty.

A sure way to draw more unwelcome attention to yourself.

No.

But You can have ones that look similar but are!

Reasons for not legal - based on the puture

"D" - really should have a blue GB, ENG, UK etc or nothing
Taxation badges - definitely not legal - can't have anything around the font and it affects spacing
Identification - no BS number or maker's postcode - probably not a major issue as many plates are too old (classic cars with original plates) to have it anyway.

I have fake Germany plates but other than the "D" on the end - all spaced correctly. So far no issues other than people trying to talk German to me when on my hols in France!

Euro font should be legal as per many previous threads.

The pressed aluminium versus plastic is a often discussed... the main point is they MUST be reflective.

Those are sooooooo Barry.

Do German Barrys want UK plates or is it just a UK thing?

French like UK plates as they are perspex and very unusual to them.

Everybody has something "twatty" about them or their car! .... Really they do!

;)

I quite like the pressed metal plates as they don't delaminate as much as the perspex ones...

Plus, mercs are designed with/for pressed plates - anything else just doesn't look right in my opinion. It's like replacing comand with a Chinese unit that has a flaky touch-screen.

You can find road legal pressed metal ones, which meet the reflectiveness standard, font/spacing, size, etc....
e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressed-Metal-number-plates-100-ROAD-LEGAL-/120751545173

M.

Last edited:
Bottom of sellers original advert (from the OP): -

Show Plates: Your supplied number plates are classed as 'Show Plates'. If you have purchased 'Show Plates', we cannot be held responsible for the illegal use of these number plates on UK roads. By clicking the 'buy it now' button, you are indicating that you fully understand this.

3dbadgeresinblack.jpg

That's bad.

Make 'West Ham' and 'United' the same font and letter size and it's perfect ;)

That's bad.

Make 'West Ham' and 'United' the same font and letter size and it's perfect ;)

Prefer Virginia, Black Forest or Gloucester Ham....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom