Arnott Air Suspension Opens European Union Sales and Distribution Center

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As of one year ago, only MB remans offered identical functionality...I.e. convenience, sports 1 and sports 2 modes.

The Arnott design strut offered one year ago, whilst being a drop in replacement, did not have sports 1 and 2 modes.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I can dig out some Arnott correspondence here somewhere.

I am very interested in that correspondence, perhaps you can send me an email with this info?

Because our new Air Struts have exactly the same functionality as the originals.
The story changes when you switch from Air Struts to a Coil Conversion set. So when you install a complete air-to-coil conversion set instead of replacing (some) Air Struts.

4. Only a small price difference
- Retailprice NEW Front S-Class (w220) Air Strut +/- GBP 455 ex. VAT and Sh.&H. ánd we purchase your old cores

455 + VAT = £550 approx
How much is shipping and handling?
How much do you give for old MB cores? How much to send them?
How much would a garage charge to fit the new Arnott struts?

I paid £1500 including fitting labour and VAT for a pair of MB front struts last year, so it looks like some saving should be possible, but maybe not that much?
Shipping depends on the weight of the product, but usually UPS Standard delivers within 1-2 working days in the UK and the cost is about 12 GBP

The amount of money we pay for struts also depends on the type of strut. For ABC struts we currently pay €215,- and for 'regular' S-Class struts €50,-

And, indeed, we pick them up for free.

So the money you could have saved ;) ....

Last edited:
With the rebate and current Euro/pound rates this turns out quite well.

And fitting it yourself would have saved you quite a bit. Well done for fitting it yourself. Did you have access to a ramp?

Out of interest, how did you know the old strut was knackered?

I am very interested in that correspondence, perhaps you can send me an email with this info?

Shipping depends on the weight of the product, but usually UPS Standard delivers within 1-2 working days in the UK and the cost is about 12 GBP

The amount of money we pay for struts also depends on the type of strut. For ABC struts we currently pay €215,- and for 'regular' S-Class struts €50,-

And, indeed, we pick them up for free.

So the money you could have saved ;) ....

Yes, I'll take a look through old email correspondence and verify this is the case.

Last edited:
I have my Star diag and it diagnosed as one of the solenoid valves which controls Active damping was open circuit. I then confirmed the same by putting a multimeter across ADS connector to measure resistance and confirm it was not a wiring problem (used the good side as a comparison)

Was fairly easy to do with the front end up on axle stands

Also the Arnott supplied strut was same length out of box as my strut with suspension drooping so had no issues refitting new one.

Goswin, what is the model number of your current Arnott-designed front airmatic strut for W220 that provides convenience, sports 1 and sports 2 settings? And when was this model first widely available?

Goswin, what is the model number of your current Arnott-designed front airmatic strut for W220 that provides convenience, sports 1 and sports 2 settings? And when was this model first widely available?

First we introduced, for the S-Class (Front), a pair of struts: AS-2274 and this number was superseded by a single strut: AS-2605

The remanufactured strut for the S-Class (Front) is the AS-2193

Regards,
Goswin

Goswin, I just checked some correspondence and here it is:

"As for the AS-2605 vs AS-2193 you’re correct,*if you want a selectable Convenience/Sport 1/Sport 2 (like with OE Mercedes struts), then you’d need to purchase a remanufactured AS-2193 strut from us. That’s really the biggest difference between the 2 shocks."

This suggests that the AS-2605 does not provide the same switchable functionality as the original MB ones. Could you comment on this to provide clarity?

I have all 3 suspension modes with the Arnott kit fitted with no issues :)

.....And welcome to the Forum Goswin ;)

Goswin, I just checked some correspondence and here it is:

"As for the AS-2605 vs AS-2193 you’re correct,*if you want a selectable Convenience/Sport 1/Sport 2 (like with OE Mercedes struts), then you’d need to purchase a remanufactured AS-2193 strut from us. That’s really the biggest difference between the 2 shocks."

This suggests that the AS-2605 does not provide the same switchable functionality as the original MB ones. Could you comment on this to provide clarity?

I am going to check for you.

I have all 3 suspension modes with the Arnott kit fitted with no issues :)

.....And welcome to the Forum Goswin ;)

Is the kit remanufactured original MB airmatic struts, or a completely Arnott-designed component? I presume the former, but it would be interesting to know.

Is the kit remanufactured original MB airmatic struts, or a completely Arnott-designed component? I presume the former, but it would be interesting to know.

Mine is Arnott design from USA

My context in this thread has been airmatic struts for the W220 model specifically (not ABC), for the S320CDI.

So the specific two Arnott models I have been referring to in this thread are:

1. AS-2193: an Arnott remanufacured Mercedes OE original strut: Provides convenience, sports 1 and sports 2 modes, as standard.
2. AS-2605: an Arnott-design airmatic strut. Provides convenience mode, but not sports 1 or sports 2 modes*

ChrisA, logman & mickday, which model range are your cars from?

* according to an email received, but being checked

Last edited:
A re-manufactured front strut for a W211 E55 can be bought from Mercedes parts for £667 including VAT but that includes £100 for your old strut which they give you £100 for, taking the price down to £567 including VAT.

A re-manufactured front strut for a W211 E55 can be bought from Mercedes parts for £667 including VAT but that includes £100 for your old strut which they give you £100 for, taking the price down to £567 including VAT.

My inde advised me of this when I mentioned Arnott for any future 'replacements' I might have to endure.

Did you have to buy a new strut(s) in the end then Lee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom