Assyst 2007>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
As in the title i'm getting confused/having conflicting views on when servicing should be done,according to the service book it should be 15,500 or 12 months whichever comes first but my local dealer tells me to only go by the obc/assyst.My car has gone past the 12 months(now at 15 months since last service)but assyst is showing 2315 miles until next service-question is if i only did 2k miles in the next 18 months or so the car would have gone 3 years between servicing or is there a maximum time before assyst would call for a service regardless as to whether the car had done less than 15,500 miles between services?

go via Assyst.

on an 06 car they could go as far as 20-22k 2yr... MB then seemingly changed back towards 12mths / 12k through the 07 production... felt a bit pot luck working at the dealer at this time

ISTR it was something to do with poor reports on brake tyre wear between services causing accidents... usual changing the rules to accommodate the stupid who don't check these things...

go via Assyst.

on an 06 car they could go as far as 20-22k 2yr... MB then seemingly changed back towards 12mths / 12k through the 07 production... felt a bit pot luck working at the dealer at this time

ISTR it was something to do with poor reports on brake tyre wear between services causing accidents... usual changing the rules to accommodate the stupid who don't check these things...

Cheers Paul,sounds like mb are just trying to get people to have there cars serviced annually-my previous 2002 clk320cab had 2 year service intervals without related issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom