ASSYST Countdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbenz76

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 AMG Night Edition Premium Plus Saloon
Does ASSYST countdown to service if the car isn't used?

I ask because mine said 30 days to A on Friday. I didn't drive it this weekend and it still said 30 days this morning.

I noticed this and now mine say 25 days. So think it updates every 5 days. My first service is due 1st March but I have booked it for the last Saturday in Feb. Been quoted £239. What you been quoted mbenz76? They should be fixed prices but you never know!

I have mine booked in mid-March so will go over a week or two.

Quoted £199 at MB Sheffield.

Also, mine was counting down in single days until it hit 30. Or whem I checked any way. Know for certain it said 31 on Wednesday/Thursday.

Last edited:
Hmmm, £40, that's a fair difference. So much for fixed pricing :dk:

I shall be phoning around other local dealers then.

Odds are that it will change to a "B" service a few days before it goes in ....mine always does that ..:eek:

Mine doesnt change until I've driven a mile or two. I didnt use it last weekend but on Tuesday it dropped by 4 days :(.
Booked in for A service on Thursday I havn't had a quote from the dealers (Mercedes Macclesfield) but I was expecting £249, which is the price quoted on the Mercedes website for an A service for my car. I'll let you know on Friday.

Odds are that it will change to a "B" service a few days before it goes in ....mine always does that ..:eek:

Mine did that just as I took it in for its first service, but it had done 18K miles (and I was taking it in early - it would have gone further). It was still under a year old at that point though, as I started off doing a lot of miles. I asked them to still do an A service and the dealer cheerfully did that.

Booked in for A service on Thursday I havn't had a quote from the dealers (Mercedes Macclesfield) but I was expecting £249, which is the price quoted on the Mercedes website for an A service for my car. I'll let you know on Friday.

Hmmm - which Mercedes website has the servicing pricing? Even the Inchcape dealers, such as Warrington, who are pretty cheap for dealer servicing, state £255 for the CLS at 0-3yrs old on their dealer web page.

I have to say that I'm gobsmacked that you'd take it in without agreeing the price - that's a recipe for a huge argument!

Last edited:
Mine has only done 7k so hopefully it is far from a B. Assuming it is counting down accurately my A will be overdue by about 2 weeks when it goes in. Trying to juggle committments so I can get it in on time as I'm sure the delay will be held against me later :)

Started the car to leave work this afternoon and now it says 25 days left! Typical.

Odd though how it counted down more accurately until 30 and then jumped in a block of 5.

I noticed this and now mine say 25 days. So think it updates every 5 days. My first service is due 1st March but I have booked it for the last Saturday in Feb. Been quoted £239. What you been quoted mbenz76? They should be fixed prices but you never know!

You would be as well checking the MB website:

Mercedes-Benz ESS

And make sure there are no scheduled extra service items that will be added to the 'fixed price' - if there are then if you have checked beforehand you can negotiate before you go in.

They have also sent an invite to the prelaunch of the new CLS the week after the service (obviously looking for a sale) so I am hoping that they might think twice about trying to charge me more than the £249. Might be optomistic but I'll let you know on Friday.

Mine changes if you top the oil up (but ONLY if it tells you to).

Mine also only counts down in miles - not in time.

Actually, that reminds me - its overdue by a 100 miles. Whoops.

I have mine booked in mid-March so will go over a week or two.

Quoted £199 at MB Sheffield.

Also, mine was counting down in single days until it hit 30. Or whem I checked any way. Know for certain it said 31 on Wednesday/Thursday.

I got an "A" service done on mine for £180 at MB Chesterfield. (also JCT600)

Mine doesnt change until I've driven a mile or two. I didnt use it last weekend but on Tuesday it dropped by 4 days :(.

They list a CLS "A" service at £229, you shouldn't pay more than that.

That's interesting. I might give them a call and see what they say. I'd rather get it done in Sheffield and save myself the drive to Chesterfield so might see if they can explain the price difference and match it since it's the same company.

They list a CLS "A" service at £229, you shouldn't pay more than that.

Interested to know who they are, because Merc Macclesfields website definitely show £249 as a CLS A service. If I knew who "they" were I could maybe get Macc to match "Their" price. :thumb:

Well, just got back and it was £253.60 Whats troubling me is where they got from the fixed price to the price that I paid but as it was only a few pennies I didnt argue. In all the car was in for 3 hours (service, gearbox software update and wash/hoover). The gearbox software was completely wiped and the latest software inc. a "fix" for the delay in acceleration, thats been bugging me from the day that I got it :mad:, was installed. The tech then road tested the car to make sure that the engine and gearbox was talking to each other. I was also given a B180 CDI for the 3 hours. So I reckon its not too bad (actually still seems dear but I suppose its a "premium product" so you have to expect it to be a bit more than Ford). Anyway that should be it for another year :bannana:. I thought about approaching Mercedes Chesterfield but it would cost more than I would save getting there and back. The advantage of Macclesfield is that they are only 7 miles from my house.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom