Attaching a nokia standard dash mount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nictry

Car
ML63
I had the bonus of being told I have a nokia car kit hidden away behind my dash today and although I knew the speaker and mic were in the car didn't realise the phone holder was all rigged up etc. Anyway cutting a long story short I have the mount and it looks like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nokia-car-kit...ryZ57244QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem although without the swivel (ie it is flat)

What I want to know if whether I can just screw the mount onto the dash (to the left of the centre vents) I know it will leave some holes but it seems to be the only place to attach the mount with the 4 screw holes and flat 2 inch mount (ie can't fix it discreetly by the side of the radio etc.) Is there another option or if not will the screws actually take in the dash or will I make a mess without getting any grip for the bracket?

Any advice appreciated?

Screwing a mount into your dash will result in you being banned from this forum I am afraid. I think I saw it done in Guy's CL but I have blocked it from my mind.

DON'T DO IT!

Brian's advise is correct, the cheapest way of mounting the cradle without dashboard damage.

I have a dashmount fro a w202 for sale. The part number is different to the w210 part, but I struggle to think there will be much difference.

Will take this from you if you would like to sell it? As you saw wasn't too keen on sticking holes in the dash! LMK how you would like paying, can do just about any method?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom