Attention C43 owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nb_racing

Car
Golf TDi 170 commuter daily hack.
I need some new front brake discs and they are rather expensive to say the least...
Would anyone other owners be interested in a group buy if I can organise a discount?
Put your name down if you are seriously interested. Obviously the more the better, but I don't want to arrange it for everyone to pull out! The ball park figure I am estimating is about £200-£220 for a pair. This compares well against new gen price of about £500 for a pair.

Can't promise anything, but I need to gauge interest here and from a couple of suppliers to get things moving.

Cheers.

Nick.

Great.
I've been in contact with a supplier and they are happy to do a group buy discount in discs and pads too if we want them as well. I will enquire further as to what they can offer for the c43.
I will hunt down a few other c43 owners on here and give the thread a few days then go from there.

Nick

Nic any idea what make of discs are you looking to buy?
As aftermarket discs advertised for the 43 I have found to be the wrong size, or when asked they can,t get them.
I believe the pre-facelift 210 E55 has the same disc so might be an idea to target 210 E55 owners in the group purchase.

Providing we are talking about a quality disc here, I'm definately in :thumb: Just had my car serviced this morning and front discs (n/s especially) are showing signs of corrosion :(

Will also need pads as advised to change them at the same time. From responses in another thread, textar appear to be the best :dk:

Great.
I've been in contact with a supplier and they are happy to do a group buy discount in discs and pads too if we want them as well. I will enquire further as to what they can offer for the c43.
I will hunt down a few other c43 owners on here and give the thread a few days then go from there.

Nick

Is this still happening..? Will need discs soon :(

Apologies for delay.

Right, all the suppliers who said they could get discs do not supply discs that are to the same dimensions as OE.

I have searched all routes I can think of, and used all my links having worked in the motortrade and motorpsort and it appears no one makes a pattern disc to the same dimensions as the original.

So, I'm now going to attempt negotiations with a main dealer whose service manager I know.

I, and I probably speak for the majority here, don't want to fit crap to my car and so at this point I'm happy to pay more but get the best product.

I make the head count 8?

I will update as soon as I can.

Nick.

interested members:
nb_racing
gridlock
black_c55
wagon
cobra7
the_don
smckeown

andy27168 ??

So 7 or 8.
Please copy and paste and add your name if you are interested.

Just to reiterate that please only put your name down if you are prepared to actually buy if I can get a good deal. Getting a good deal will require a strong number of buyers, and we will lose that if people start pulling out! Thanks.
Nick.

Update.

I am speaking to a supplier and have provisionally agreed of a discount of 25% on new genuine mb discs. This should bring the cost of a pair to somewhere around the £375 mark.

So, I have to put a time frame on this. The cut off will be a week Friday, 7th September. So if you are in or out please add or remove your name to the list above before then. If you are new to this thread please read the above thread regarding not pulling out!

Nick.

Any last takers? The deal is on the table ready to be taken!:thumb:

The original figure was £200 - £220 not such good value at £375 for discs only now.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom