Attention Gamers - Help Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
We're planning to buy a gaming chair for my youngest (15) - PS3 compatible.

He's tall at nearly 6ft so size is important.

Regarding these chairs, I know nothing :confused:.

I'd like to get a decent one, speakers, vibe pads etc.

All suggestions about what and where gratefully received.

I have one I bought around 5 years ago, made by Pyromat. Its a top quality seat but as with all the gaming chairs the sound isn't great. Mine has a speaker either side of the headrest and a small subwoofer on the back of the chair.

In the end I've stopped using the speakers and just use it as my desk chair. I did a lot of research when I bought it but there just isn't room in a chair for speakers that produce good sound.

Depends on how important the sound quality is, but I couldn't live with the poor speakers and bass. The other thing that irritated me was having the audio cable running from the chair to the PC.

Sorry if it sounds gloomy but do go and listen before you buy John.

I'l have a look for that name Pete - thanks.

No gaming chair will come near a good set of 7.1 wireless headphones. Makes a lot of difference, and of course, most importantly, no noise from his room whilst playing to interrupt you! :)

I use Turtlebeach X41s at the mo. just about to swap for the new Tango models. Very flash stuff indeed.

Dont worry to much about sound, you are far better getting a decent gaming headset. Vibration is cool but not really necassary.

Two more things you need to consider before deciding

1) What height is the TV they will use as really you want it to be in direct line of sight.

2) What type of games does he prefer driving/flying games most gamers prefer a laid back feel but shooting games and sports a more upright position is sometimes needed.

You wont go far wrong with X-Rocker

X-Rocker Gaming Chairs and Bean Bags

My eldest son has the X-Rocker Vision Pedestal and loves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom