Attention SLK owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normanh

Car
C Class coupe C204 220cdi
I am buying a 2013 SLK but can't find the lock nut key in the vehicle the current owner is unable to help Ive checked the boot and everything else is there jack w/brace compressor etc but no key. Anyone throw any light on this before I have to buy one

I thought the same, but it was hidden pretty well in the boot. I think it had its own case?

If its a Mercedes locking nut, then it's not usually a problem.

Several posters on here have reported their dealer produces a large set of locking nuts and indentifies it in a few minutes. Not a lot for the new nut either.

Hi,
Behind the seats near the floor there is an elasticated pouch it could be in there , or the central high one between the seats or even just under the seats . They are usually in a clear plastic box about 4 x 4 x 1 inch in size and holds the locking nut and the 4 surplus wheel nuts , hope this helps .

Best of luck.

Michael.

If you can't find it, just buy a locking wheel nut removal tool and replace them with standard nuts or a set of new locking nuts.

can you remember where it was hidden

Mine was just lying in the boot under the pull it bit with the straps for the wind restricter.
Are you getting it from a dealer ship , only when I bought mine the 4 wheel nuts were missing and the dealership posted them to me .
If you didn't , try asking your local dealer for one , as you intend having all services and work done by them.

Michael.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom