Audi RS6 Police Chase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sadly yes, and they didn't care about security. Professionals are so fast it matters little.
Bloody hell.... I didn't know Audi estates were such thief magnets :eek:

Hope insurance sorted it for you without too much hassle

Abs

What's happened to Developer? I haven't seen a post from him since his car was stolen.
I believe John is now on the lookout for a S211? Judging by his last thread.. a shame as his S212 was an absolute BEAUTY

I bet the 4 dudes seen in the photo above inside the getaway car were Audi Quattro GmbH test drivers testing cars performance and handling on urban city streets over speed bumps to see if suspension holds the pressure?
Then all of a sudden Audi driver freaked out when Five-0 picked up the chase?

Last edited:
What car were the police driving ?
It seemed to be able to keep up with the Audi..
Also was anyone else wincing every time the police car hit a speed bump ?

I’ve seen that before.

The police were driving a 330D

The Audi had a flat tyre.

Well that was entertaining.:) Wunit!
On this side of the planet there would have most likely been a firearm exchange to add to the mix!.

I remember watching from a safe distance following on a crowded autopista through Caracas a "duelling duo" between the cops (Guardia National) in a XR4 Ford whale tailer painted white and their prey was in the same but painted in yellow!
Muzzle flashes a plenty & driving antics better than dodgem cars.

But seriously that display of cop testosterone gets people, innocent people caught up in the mayhem killed in dense urban conurbations!
Motorola is quicker & safer so are 'copters.
I bet there will be some bollocking going on behind closed doors :)with all the cost to fix the patrol cars they wrecked, and potential risks to the population at large, . judging that is by my nephew's activities who was with the London Met white collar crimes div in Wandsworth for about 10 years.

Its must be in the wahter mate and/or my nephew's case , who is like a little Napoleon! He can't help it!!
Good post watching this over me morning cuppa of PG tips
Tuercas viejas

Well I don't know how your nephew got on in the Met or which planet you live on but we don't have the resources over here at the end of a Cleartone radio to must a convoy of black and whites to chase them and most forces here are sharing a helicopter with three or four other forces these days so they're not always readily available. You have to go with what you've got at the time and the overall conditions, in this case 4.00 am and bugger all traffic on the roads, and it's people like you who piss me off going on about cop testosterone and the danger to innocent people. Thy will always call off a pursuit if the danger outweighs the seriousness of the crime, which is more often than you think, but you can't just give these people cart blanch to carry on unhindered committing crime.

The last count I saw was 24,000 murdered in a year in Venezuela so hardly in a position to criticise how crime is tackled over here , rant over!

Well I don't know how your nephew got on in the Met or which planet you live on but we don't have the resources over here at the end of a Cleartone radio to must a convoy of black and whites to chase them and most forces here are sharing a helicopter with three or four other forces these days so they're not always readily available. You have to go with what you've got at the time and the overall conditions, in this case 4.00 am and bugger all traffic on the roads, and it's people like you who piss me off going on about cop testosterone and the danger to innocent people. Thy will always call off a pursuit if the danger outweighs the seriousness of the crime, which is more often than you think, but you can't just give these people cart blanch to carry on unhindered committing crime.

The last count I saw was 24,000 murdered in a year in Venezuela so hardly in a position to criticise how crime is tackled over here , rant over!

Yes its fine until someone gets killed!
Then what?
As a comment i showed this video to a visiting Canadian Sprinter RV customer who I later discovered is a BC Mounted police officer.
He had a chuckle! --Ah Brit Cops useless these days! --All employed on the cheap with little resources, Cos the place is a bit hard up !
Tuerca Viejas

Yes its fine until someone gets killed!
Then what?
As a comment i showed this video to a visiting Canadian Sprinter RV customer who I later discovered is a BC Mounted police officer.
He had a chuckle! --Ah Brit Cops useless these days! --All employed on the cheap with little resources, Cos the place is a bit hard up !
Tuerca Viejas
Perhaps your most condescending post to date... Bravo!

Ah Brit Cops useless these days! --All employed on the cheap with little resources, Cos the place is a bit hard up !
Tuerca Viejas

My dear boy, you HAVE been out of the country for some time. The days of the British Bobby having to buy his own truncheon and handcuffs have long gone. (That was the case up until the late 1980's). If you want to see Policemen "moonlighting" to earn extra money to supplement their pathetic wages, I suggest you look around the USA, where Coppers are employed privately to "supervise" every bit of roadworks. ("A nice little earner," as we say in the UK)

Median salary in the UK for a British constable is $40k, plus pension, benefits, and healthcare on top. As you probably know British policemen have the option to retire after 20 years service at 50% of salary, so many do, giving them the option of pursuing another career, or just enjoying their late 40's.....

Remind us, does the States have free healthcare for all its citizens yet? Meaning free meds, free medical, free hospital treatment for your entire life.

Last edited:
Is it uncharitable of me to notice one of the officers making a point of getting on the camera rubbing his neck a couple of times?
Yes I think it is uncharitable. You could hear him panting for his breath while in the chase having felt the mild whiplash from the first ram. He had got out of the car, ready to give chase on foot, quickly dived back into the car, took a hit, adrenaline rushing so not feeling the pain, gives chase back in the car but frantically trying to get his seat belt back on (you could hear him in the background saying) but failing to do so within the timeframe. Then retires from the chase because the car takes too much and wants to see the damage at the front preventing him from continuing the pursuit.
I don't know...maybe I'm too soft:confused:

What car were the police driving ?
It seemed to be able to keep up with the Audi..
Also was anyone else wincing every time the police car hit a speed bump ?
Yes my first thought (I know, I'm weird like that!) was exactly that, hitting speed bumps at speed. I used to think that patrol cars were actually a good value second hand car because they get well maintained but I guess I'm wrong due to the wear and tear from speed bumps.:rolleyes:
In terms of keeping up with the Audi, the average police car should be able to keep up with anything in a built up area. It's not the performance of the car but the driving skill which is the limiting factor i.e. 90mph for the average turbo diesel does not take long to get up to that speed and that's probable about the max speed you could keep any car on the road over built-up speed bumped area.

Yes I think it is uncharitable. You could hear him panting for his breath while in the chase having felt the mild whiplash from the first ram. He had got out of the car, ready to give chase on foot, quickly dived back into the car, took a hit, adrenaline rushing so not feeling the pain, gives chase back in the car but frantically trying to get his seat belt back on (you could hear him in the background saying) but failing to do so within the timeframe. Then retires from the chase because the car takes too much and wants to see the damage at the front preventing him from continuing the pursuit.
I don't know...maybe I'm too soft:confused:

I questioned it because I felt a little guilty at having, firstly, noticed it and, secondly, had the thought that he wanted to make the apparent injury documented.

Maybe I'm too cynical?

Maybe I'm too cynical?

No sir. Maybe it's too long since you've sat in a Gawdawful BMW on run-flats being driven over speed bumps at 70+ mph.

I love BMW's almost as much as I love Mercedes. They're just spoiled by their Bangled shapes, and dreadful hard sports supension on run flats.

As I watched that chase, one of my main thoughts was how are those drivers putting up with those crashing speedbumps?

As a BTW, pulse jumped from 55 bpm to probably 90 bpm just watching it - hate to think what was happening to the very professional cool driver. "Our Policemen are AMAZING."

No sir. Maybe it's too long since you've sat in a Gawdawful BMW on run-flats being driven over speed bumps at 70+ mph.

I love BMW's almost as much as I love Mercedes. They're just spoiled by their Bangled shapes, and dreadful hard sports supension on run flats.

As I watched that chase, one of my main thoughts was how are those drivers putting up with those crashing speedbumps?

As a BTW, pulse jumped from 55 bpm to probably 90 bpm just watching it - hate to think what was happening to the very professional cool driver. "Our Policemen are AMAZING."

I always remove runflats asap from BMWs that I own, on SE spec suspension the E60 is a very nice ride and with a straight 6 petrol engine is not too nose-heavy.

Understood - this Police 330d will be on run flats.

I had non-runflats on my 335i M Sport but still had to sell it because of tram lining and poor handling on speed bumps and on rough city roads.

But you didn't answer the question - how long is it since you've done a chase over speed bumps at 70-90 mph?

Understood - this Police 330d will be on run flats.

I had non-runflats on my 335i M Sport but still had to sell it because of tram lining and poor handling on speed bumps and on rough city roads.

But you didn't answer the question - how long is it since you've done a chase over speed bumps at 70-90 mph?

Why would I answer a question that you never asked?

My dear boy, you HAVE been out of the country for some time. The days of the British Bobby having to buy his own truncheon and handcuffs have long gone. (That was the case up until the late 1980's). If you want to see Policemen "moonlighting" to earn extra money to supplement their pathetic wages, I suggest you look around the USA, where Coppers are employed privately to "supervise" every bit of roadworks. ("A nice little earner," as we say in the UK)

Median salary in the UK for a British constable is $40k, plus pension, benefits, and healthcare on top. As you probably know British policemen have the option to retire after 20 years service at 50% of salary, so many do, giving them the option of pursuing another career, or just enjoying their late 40's.....

Remind us, does the States have free healthcare for all its citizens yet? Meaning free meds, free medical, free hospital treatment for your entire life.

Last edited: 43 minutes ago

Oh I love this this antagonism of Brits and those that live on this side.
Like I have stated Brits often think they know the USA & Canada very well but most are at best ill informed since you don't live here! Just like Yanks who think that all Brits live in Castles and have hoity toity accents or are so ignorant they can't understand what they are saying and are always winging about something! :)
My son A BRIT/ American is on your side working --his oft expression Dad Do Brits ever stop moaning and whinging and saying this KAHT be done! My extended family is not like this?

There is an expression you know that goes something like "Pay peanuts and you get monkeys" & "You only get what you pay for!"
That applies on this side as well as yours and mine.
Now I do know that British policemen and women get the chance to retire and in fact I have three family members as police officers who are about to do just what have you stated.
By the way I see that Cops on the Cheap (community police) a thorn in some constables eyes is about to be eliminated in the East Anglia area. (again you only get what you pay for !)

Now unlike the UK do remember the USA is huge. The UK is a tiny country by comparison ! You could drop the British Isles (Including Ireland) into Idaho and still have room to spare. But i don't know is there is enough room for all the moaning /whinging Brits. I suppose Irish would probably be OK though! (Nuff of them already there-- escaped) .:rolleyes::)

Now the policing setup is quite different for the most part. As my nephew says "They enforce the law. We police the law in the UK. It adds up to the same thing in end ! He added we in the UK have much more leniency & interpretation on how we deal with the public but the Yanks are covered by their constitutional rights. No public official is immune from the law if their Constitutional rights are breached .
Its a lawful legacy of bad British rule before 1776 ! Brits are Subjects & owned by the crown-- Yanks are Citizens since 1776 .

So each state sets the up their individual policing networks within a county.
Just within one county where I live Jefferson County we have JeffCo police (they are the one's my nephew did a stint with to study American policing methods)
But my shop is in Golden Colorado, so it has its own jurisdiction and force, then just to the east is Lakewood police force, to the north several other municipal,police forces and then above all that is the Highway patrol officers the creme de la creme. Since my shop is in unincorporated Jeffco it comes under Jeffco jurisdiction. A bit complicated from what you as Brits might understand and they are all run by a Sheriff (legacy of British rule and are elected by the public much as an MP in the UK.) AND YES IN SOME PLACES THERE IS A CHIEF CONSTABLE just like the U.K.
If you live in South Jeffco like me.
We pay much higher taxes some of which siphons off to the JeffCo police. Attracting a much higher standard of education as a police officer they are very polite for the most part, have dress code regulations up to date cars & equipment. Overall very good, at night I see from security cameras they patrol my businesses, and visit occasionally to talk and pass the time of day. I have a few officers as clients.

Now as you go east from my shop you will pass through about 5 different metro police forces & a myriad of municipal jurisdiction all controlled by an elected sheriff--No Home office though to set the overall standard.
They get progressively worse in my opinion due to many factors like standard of "the monkey" they are recruiting, which in the end it boils down to money from city taxes.

So it now begs the question what would be the reaction to our runaways in the posted film:-
As the CMP office stated one I posted above!
JeffCc police officers said We have policy laid down by the sheriff of no chase but area containment and stop . We have enough officers on patrol and helicopters to apprehend plus we have the highway patrol.
One of my customers an officer with Lakewood police is in stark difference. Quote: We have a strict policy of no chase for the most part to protect public safety, but we have policy of shoot to kill in those instances!
So work that out!

Clearly then policing methods are varying from place to place all over the USA & all laid down by the local elected sheriff and coming under control of city managers.
Now as for "benes" you mentioned !
JeffCo and the Highway Patrol enjoy similar benefits as Brit cops.

Lakewood Cop say Oh that is really nice i would like not we have nothing lie that to compare

So its back to money, boiled down, pay, benes and that includes the moonlighting you mention!
To close:-
Social benefits in the UK.
These are not free--They come at a price--Taxes .
All I can tell you is that the USA is not the UK .

You are expected to bloody well stand on your own two feet and there are no hand outs! (well there are but nothing like the UK) Consequently you must take steps to cover yourself and family in the event of medical issues retirement and pensions. In short don't expect the Gov to take care of you!
What I will state here and now is that the ability to thrive in the USA and create wealth is incredible, but you have to get off your fat ar$e and go to work. Something that is increasingly difficult for many to grasp on both sides of the pond
So raising some half baked comparison on social benefit between UK and the USA bears no weight ! its different country and you must adapt to their methods! Just like my brother Raymond who suddenly came home as said F this place I am going to be a ten pound POM in Australia and off he went to Brissy ! Now he has a big construction company outside Brisbane. Australian hero--a ten pound POM from the council estate in Gloucester.
I would best sum this up and two attitudes
USA hero.

Immigrant or kid born & raised on the rough side of town --gets an education and forms company the employs thousands --American hero!

UK hero---Well you tell me does the UK produce any heroes these days ?
But what I will tell you is a kid from the rough ar$ed council house estate get a private education by scholarship and makes money in foreign parts.
Reaction: He's done well but he must have stolen it, been a drug runner, or was villain and fiddled it somehow!
Don't compare the UK to elsewhere, Sorry but shows confusion!:confused:
Tuercas Viejas

m

Last edited:
So, Tuercas, let's just remember who opened with the comment about the UK, which is a very different country to the USA.

Ah Brit Cops useless these days! --All employed on the cheap with little resources, Cos the place is a bit hard up !
Tuerca Viejas

The two countries are different. British policemen chase bandits from a theft scene in a very, very controlled way. Unlike American policemen, British Police don't kill a thousand people a year, without trial. British police salaries are pretty much similar to the broad range in the USA, but their disposable income is better, their well-paid retirement is longer, as is their life expectancy.

My nephew, who lives in LA, went out earlier this year with a Squad car, when he was considering joining LAPD, and had some interesting tales to tell about how the violence is doled out: act first, ask questions later. My 18 year old daughter saw this herself in New York a couple of years back when she was just a block away from a Police shooting when three Police killed a suspect in a Cigar store, without trial. No evidence, just suspicion. And I get similar stories for my brother who lives in Texas, who has many police contacts because of his military / Armourer background. He'd highlight that the US Gun lobby is convinced that they need their guns to protect themselves because the US Police are incapable of offering adequate protection to its citizens because those police officers are employed "on the cheap with little resources, 'cos the US is a bit hard up."

Two different countries, divided by a common language.

2016: Police killings (without trial) USA: 1093 ....... UK: 4

The Counted: people killed by police in the United States – interactive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom