Audi RS6 Police Chase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes
Don
So, Tuercas, let's just remember who opened with the comment about the UK, which is a very different country to the USA.

The two countries are different. British policemen chase bandits from a theft scene in a very, very controlled way. Unlike American policemen, British Police don't kill a thousand people a year, without trial. British police salaries are pretty much similar to the broad range in the USA, but their disposable income is better, their well-paid retirement is longer, as is their life expectancy.

My nephew, who lives in LA, went out earlier this year with a Squad car, when he was considering joining LAPD, and had some interesting tales to tell about how the violence is doled out: act first, ask questions later. My 18 year old daughter saw this herself in New York a couple of years back when she was just a block away from a Police shooting when three Police killed a suspect in a Cigar store, without trial. No evidence, just suspicion. And I get similar stories for my brother who lives in Texas, who has many police contacts because of his military / Armourer background. He'd highlight that the US Gun lobby is convinced that they need their guns to protect themselves because the US Police are incapable of offering adequate protection to its citizens because those police officers are employed "on the cheap with little resources, 'cos the US is a bit hard up."

Two different countries, divided by a common language.

2016: Police killings (without trial) USA: 1093 ....... UK: 4

The Counted: people killed by police in the United States – interactive

I used to think that patrol cars were actually a good value second hand car because they get well maintained but I guess I'm wrong due to the wear and tear from speed bumps.

I went to a place that was selling ex-patrolwhite insignias. I went to inspect them for my Mrs. All of them were totally shagged inside and out. Holes cut everywhere for equipment, seats torn from handcuffs, everything scratched to bits and the outside, almost every panel of every car had clearly been repaired at least once.

On the plus side they were all autos, police prefer automatics as it frees up their hands to be steering etc.

Yes it is different, very different so you cannot compare eggs to eggs.
I find it funny that Brits cannot compare themselves to a place like Venezuela it too is oil /gas rich UK ( UK was) where I lived for years and made a nice income far higher than i could have ever earned lawfully sourced in the USA and definitely not in the UK. However security & policing in the Caracas metro area was definitely unsafe to be without a minder to watch your back,
There you saw crime at a far higher level and knife attacks as you see/read in the UK & mugging of old people.
So I would state overall that the US is a safe place for the most part, but different states are safer than others.
SoCal & East LA is a drug and crime mad house but that would be like someone in the UK looking at say Istanbul and Turkey /Damascus & Syria to find a comparison. 'Cos it that far away ! For me 2,5 hours of flying from Denver to LA!
You live in a small island that is relatively easy to police, its called Power of Place!
The USA is huge by any comparison and is not easy to police in the same way! It's always been like that even colonial times.
Brits continually make half baked assumptions and criticisms of this wonderful country which it is!
I can cite numerous misconception even during my time with British Leyland and the mantra was:- If it works here it will work in Yankee land & that includes Canada as well!
Well for the most part British ideas/ideals don't work in North America--neither in South America either.

I think it's time to get used to that fact as the UK is not a global power, can't impose its presence by force and has very little to offer these days.
Unfortunately for some who still wish it was maybe. That assumption of course is dead as a doornail and patted own flat !

Tuercas viejas

I went to a place that was selling ex-patrolwhite insignias. I went to inspect them for my Mrs. All of them were totally shagged inside and out. Holes cut everywhere for equipment, seats torn from handcuffs, everything scratched to bits and the outside, almost every panel of every car had clearly been repaired at least once.

On the plus side they were all autos, police prefer automatics as it frees up their hands to be steering etc.
Good point, yes there is that to (holes everywhere). I remember looking at an auction site once and seeing this.

I truly believe the USA is a wonderful country, I really do. Then I look at what the USA elected as its President...

Yes it proves that anything is possible and you can achieve anything --not limited by HMMMmmmmm:eek:
Intellect, maybe common sense, and the old tyme ability to convince. In short BS baffles brains! (Always works it's the accent, even Gloucester, Forest, and Stroud )
The POTUS seems to have learned something about Brit "BS" owning golf courses in the UK !

We Brits need I mention it often telling many Americans! We are the world's best carpet baggers and Conmen. Well at least have been historically !!!
Mentioning any British heros in a previous post? I got no response on this thread but I can cite one Sir Freddy Laker of Skytrain fame.
I met him several times at the British American trade Assoc in Florida, one sharp cookie and knew how not only how to sue using US laws against the recognized airline cartels but even sue the Brit Gov.

Now down in South America they don't beat about the bush!
We are known as the world's best pirates and one governor of a famous South American city once said "You Brits are really a nation of thieves --but nice thieves, and you treat us nicely over tea and biscuits in Whitehall while trying to screw us! Whereas your cousins the American have no class when they are trying to screw you and we don't even get a kiss and we instantly know it!! "

Even in the ME (Iraq) one late Voisier (minister) I met often once said British are the very best "thiefes" ! Better than Ali BaBa I asked ?
Oh yes he was just Arab! "Common thiefes" Oh ham du laylah !
So Mr POTUS emulation is the finest form of flattery but will it (BS) work for the next 3 years?--time will tell!
Entonces
Emulación es lo más alta forma de adulación! Es todo pendejada pero
Ese político lo único que hace es decir pendejada tras pendejada.:)
Tuercas viejas

Even with a flat, I'm surprised the miscreants couldn't outrun the police on a straight road or at least had the thought to get to a fast road or dual carriageway etc. Even with Stevie Wonder driving, it could have left the rozzers for dead if it had 4 good tyres.

I concur that BMWs on runflats are bl00dy awful. Had them on a Z4 and the thing dived into the nearest grooves and tramlines in the road without warning, and the noise at speed was horrendous. Got some staggered BBS wheels on it with normal tyres and it was a dream to drive. Completely transformed it and just kept some tyre weld gel in the tiny boot.

Regarding buying ex-police vehicles, I bought a BMW 530d estate a few years back (ex-Essex Police) from a dealer who sold nothing but ex-emergency service vehicles, Police, paramedic response cars and ambulances ideal for converting into motorhomes. The thing never missed a beat and ran absolutely fine, some battered and bruised pieces of time inside plus worn seat bolsters but that's to be expected. Ran it for a year and sold it for the same price I bought it for. The traffic cars can easily do 1,500 miles a week so they are serviced and inspected at main dealers every 4-6 weeks. There are bargains to be had on some quite tasty cars, BMW 535ds, Discoverys, Golf R36 estates, Skoda VRSs etc., so don't let 150,000 miles in 3 years put you off too much.

I spoke to John recently (Developer) His car has now been bought by MSL for their next project and John is going back to his other passion of motorbikes....

That was cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom