Audio 20 2.5 installation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Can anybody confirm/help please on an old post from Alfie? A pic or a “back of a fag packet” diagram would be fantastic!!

This only applies if your car is an A/B/C/ML/GL/R class car...... Pin 7 on the white 12 way connector is antenna power from the NTG 2.5. This needs to go to Pin 13 on the main original quadlock connector which is where your antenna amps are expecting the power from.

My layman understanding is:

So I need to put a piece of wire between the 2 places - one being in the set of the rectangular pins (13?) using a small spade connector and the other poked into pin 7 on the white connector. Or should I be more sophisticated than “poke”? What gauge wire would I use? :dk:

Many thanks

Ah ha - light bulb moment! So I pull the relevant wire out of the white plug and put it on the new pin using something like a small spade connector?

What we do (and in our kits is) use a short piece of wire with a MQS female on one and (this goes into the white connector shell with the small plugs), and we remove the cable from the centre of the quad lock - which is done by removing the purple latch in the quad lock that holds the contacts in place, and you can use a folded over paperclip (I use the proper tool) which gets inserted either side of the contact from the flat side of the quad lock to release the little tabs on the metal contact that also hold it in place. Then connect the short piece of wire to the wire you just removed.

Richard

What we do (and in our kits is) use a short piece of wire with a MQS female on one and (this goes into the white connector shell with the small plugs), and we remove the cable from the centre of the quad lock - which is done by removing the purple latch in the quad lock that holds the contacts in place, and you can use a folded over paperclip (I use the proper tool) which gets inserted either side of the contact from the flat side of the quad lock to release the little tabs on the metal contact that also hold it in place. Then connect the short piece of wire to the wire you just removed.

Richard

Think I am slowly "getting it" :thumb:

Anybody care to scribble quick diagram of what goes where please? I'm assuming I just use the same gauge wire already there

Love this forum!

Richard

Think I am slowly "getting it" :thumb:
Anybody care to scribble quick diagram of what goes where please? I'm assuming I just use the same gauge wire already there
Love this forum!

Anybody able/willing to scribble quick diagram? Would be much appreciated :) Then I can make SuzyCute a happy lady :thumb:

Done it!! CD/radio all working. phone linked up and calls received loud and clear! Sue said transmission a quiet and muffled (to both landline and mobile) - I didn't go for a cheap mic. Any thoughts?

You need a new mic one designed for the NTG2.5, I went to great lengths to sort this on the Vito and Viano, they look the same but the right one is like HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom