Audio 20 CD ERROR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Mirror Man

Car
W211 E270 CDI Elegance.Rover 75 Tourer
Just bought a W211 E270 and it has a CD ERROR message when I press the CD button. It also wont take a CD. I can push a CD into the slot but t makes no attempt to take it from me and load it.

I've searched the internet for a solution but cant find one. Is there a fix for this?

Hi,
Is there a CD already jammed up inside the CD player, which is possibly why you are getting a " CD Error " message. ( Often caused by playing copy CD's ). The generally accepted cure for removing a jammed cd is to press the eject button and give the unit a good hearty thump with your hand. Otherwise it is a strip down job.
" If you can't get it out ----give it a clout "

Steve

Hi,
Is there a CD already jammed up inside the CD player, which is possibly why you are getting a " CD Error " message. ( Often caused by playing copy CD's ). The generally accepted cure for removing a jammed cd is to press the eject button and give the unit a good hearty thump with your hand. Otherwise it is a strip down job.
" If you can't get it out ----give it a clout "

Steve

Cheers Steve, I have just tried your clout method. This is what happens.
When I turn the unit on and the radio comes on. When I press the CD button a "NO CD" message comes up. If I hold the Eject button for 5-10 seconds it sometimes goes into eject mode (with wearing noises) and I get "EJECTING CD", by no CD comes out. I've tried clouting it while it's in Eject mode too but still no CD comes out so I presume the unit is empty. If I push a CD into the slot until only the edge is visible it comes up with "CD ERROR", wont take the CD into the machine properly, but it will eject it if I press the eject button long enough. Funny thing is, if I offer it a CD while the radio is on, the radio goes off and I get message "cdo TRACK rdm rpt sc", followed by "CD ERROR".:dk:

WARNING: Do not attempt this in the Gents Loo.

Good point Bruce, but I dare say there's another sort of forum for that sort of thing.

Cheers Steve, I have just tried your clout method. This is what happens.
When I turn the unit on and the radio comes on. When I press the CD button a "NO CD" message comes up. If I hold the Eject button for 5-10 seconds it sometimes goes into eject mode (with wearing noises) and I get "EJECTING CD", by no CD comes out. I've tried clouting it while it's in Eject mode too but still no CD comes out so I presume the unit is empty. If I push a CD into the slot until only the edge is visible it comes up with "CD ERROR", wont take the CD into the machine properly, but it will eject it if I press the eject button long enough. Funny thing is, if I offer it a CD while the radio is on, the radio goes off and I get message "cdo TRACK rdm rpt sc", followed by "CD ERROR".:dk:

Steve

It may be? That the rubber rollers have become hard and shiny. A squirt of some isopropyl inside the slot may clean them enough to get it moving. Failing this you need Comand online on this forum.

Steve

It may be? That the rubber rollers have become hard and shiny. A squirt of some isopropyl inside the slot may clean them enough to get it moving. Failing this you need Comand online on this forum.

If I get chance at the weekend I play to take the unit out and have a "fiddle" with it, grease the eject mechanism etc.

I searched "Comand online" on the forum but could find anything but references to Comand. My car doesn't have this. Am I missing the point somewhere Bruce?

Jonathan

If I get chance at the weekend I play to take the unit out and have a "fiddle" with it, grease the eject mechanism etc.

I searched "Comand online" on the forum but could find anything but references to Comand. My car doesn't have this. Am I missing the point somewhere Bruce?

Jonathan

Bruce means these guys

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/

Alfie and Richard are sponsored members here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom