Audio 20 iphone connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ianmthy

Car
Mercedes b150 se
Hi first post but looking for advice
Car is a 2008 b150 se with audio 20
Looking for best way to connect an iPhone 5
Or would installing pioneer CarPlay radio be a better option

Think audio 20 is the single cd without changer
And haven't picked car up yet so can't check if there is a usb under armrest either

My C class which is the same age, pairs up to my phone by Bluetooth, so I would imagine yours may be the same.

My C class which is the same age, pairs up to my phone by Bluetooth, so I would imagine yours may be the same.

W204 C class completely different to 2008 B class as W204 got bluetooth in the head unit, whereas B class didn't until the 2009 facelift. W203 C class however is the same technology as 2008 B class.

W245 B class: -

a) If this is the MY2009 facelift (from mid 2008) the phone pickup/hangup keys on the stereo will be green and red and the unit will have bluetooth built in.
b) If it is not, then it will have white phone keys and the phone system was an optional extra, that will result in a UHI connector in the pop out drawer (A/B class, C class in the top of the armrest box), which a Bluetooth module such as https://www.commandonline.co.uk/viseeo_mb4.html can be plugged into.
c) If it is pre MY2009 and has no phone system then you need to retrofit an integrated phone system (or something like a parrot) - speak to alfie, via [email protected]

Consider the Alpine ILX700 Car Play radio - its is great, again alfie has some stock of them.

Cheers

Richard

B150se

W204 C class completely different to 2008 B class as W204 got bluetooth in the head unit, whereas B class didn't until the 2009 facelift. W203 C class however is the same technology as 2008 B class.

W245 B class: -

a) If this is the MY2009 facelift (from mid 2008) the phone pickup/hangup keys on the stereo will be green and red and the unit will have bluetooth built in.
b) If it is not, then it will have white phone keys and the phone system was an optional extra, that will result in a UHI connector in the pop out drawer (A/B class, C class in the top of the armrest box), which a Bluetooth module such as https://www.commandonline.co.uk/viseeo_mb4.html can be plugged into.
c) If it is pre MY2009 and has no phone system then you need to retrofit an integrated phone system (or something like a parrot) - speak to alfie, via [email protected]

Consider the Alpine ILX700 Car Play radio - its is great, again alfie has some stock of them.
:Cheers
Thanks for the above Richard I have looked at a few pictures on Google
Head unit seems to be called audio 5 ? Not sure if that's an older unit
Pick up car on Tuesday so I'll have a good look Asap and decide but tempted to go for pioneer sph da120 if I can't get a good option to link iphone to existing
Unit

Audio-5 is the very basic head unit, that I don't beleive was fitted to B class in UK ever. It is single din height (i.e about 2.5") instead of double DIN, and does not support phone.

Do you have the VIN (chassis number) of the new car ?

Cheers

Richard

B class audio

Audio-5 is the very basic head unit, that I don't beleive was fitted to B class in UK ever. It is single din height (i.e about 2.5") instead of double DIN, and does not support phone.

Do you have the VIN (chassis number) of the new car ?

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard
I haven't got vin number but I've added a pic of head unit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 19
Thats an Audio-20. Its a pre MY09 facelift one, so you'll have to see if the car has phone pre-wire or not when you get it.

If it doesn't then adding it and bluetooth is min. £500, so you know the answer then !

Richard

B class audio

Thats an Audio-20. Its a pre MY09 facelift one, so you'll have to see if the car has phone pre-wire or not when you get it.

If it doesn't then adding it and bluetooth is min. £500, so you know the answer then !

Richard
Thanks Richard
If it doesn't have pre wire I'll definetly be going for pioneer spa 120
It's 350 at halfords
Do you know if there is an adaptor so steering wheel buttons still function ?
And has anyone tried this pioneer yet ?

B class audio

Richard
Vin number if it helps is
Wdd2452312j360989

B class audio

Picked car up today
Luckily it had the 3.5mm socket in the glovebox
Got iPhone in a cradle hooked up to 3.5mm
No point changing head unit with iPhone connecting
Thanks for all help on this thread
Much appreciated