auto dimming mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys I have auto mirrors on my e class but does only the drivers glass dim?

It does on my c class if that helps mate, although i think my passenger lense s non genuine. I am sure it is just the drivers side thou a few of my old vw's had this and it was just the drivers side. Makes sence really as its passing side.

Correct only the driver's side should dim.

Hi,

I think that is the case with mine. Unless it has has the glass changed on the passenger side before i owned it?

But from what I remember reading on an option list somewhere I think it is driver side and interior auto dimming?

Thanks guys this forum is awesome!

The passenger side doesnt tint as the glass would be so dark with a car behind you that you may miss a cyclist or similar coming down the left hand side of the car.

The passenger side doesnt tint as the glass would be so dark with a car behind you that you may miss a cyclist or similar coming down the left hand side of the car.

And it would cost Mercedes more to fit...

If you have to phone Mercedes to see how much a W211 auto dimming mirror is, make sure that you're sat down.

From memory, they're about £250.

Fit a LHD auto dimming mirror
I did for my Continental driving.

set ebay to world wide search US European etc you will find them.

:)

In the last 16 years, I can't say lack of dimming n/s mirror has bothered me.

Me neither.
On my previous E300TD, the driver side auto-dimming mirror went misty.
This is a common failure.
I checked out the cost of a replacement ..... Decided it was about half the value of the car .... And fitted a non-dimming replacement.

Can you fit an auto-dimming mirror to the passenger's side is it was not original equipment ?
The connector is not the same.

Correct, however the same applies to the driver's side - at night, it is very difficult to spot cyclists on my right when there's a car behind me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom