Auto fold when parked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does this work for all models with power folding mirrors?
or does the setting have to be 'enabled' using STAR?

I'll have a look to see if I have the setting, may have missed soemthing when I first tinkered with it!! :D

Errr got me there! dunno, that works on mine so I don't know any different!

Does this work for all models with power folding mirrors?
or does the setting have to be 'enabled' using STAR?

I'll have a look to see if I have the setting, may have missed soemthing when I first tinkered with it!! :D

The OP was asking about the auto-folding on the W211 E Class. I see from you avatar that you have a C Class. I'm not sure whether auto-folding was ever offered with that model but in any event the menu system will be different.

OK Here goes

Get to the screen that says settings...to reset all settings etc..

Then press arrow up on the left of the wheel

with the + and - buttons just highlight convenience

Then press arrow up until you come to the screen that says fold mirrors on locking......

select on

and lock the car!

The select on/off is operated with the +/- buttons on the right hand side of the wheel.

The OP was asking about the auto-folding on the W211 E Class. I see from you avatar that you have a C Class. I'm not sure whether auto-folding was ever offered with that model but in any event the menu system will be different.

Alfie & Richard sorted my C Class W203 ... when I told my dealer not to change any of the settings he said he wasn't aware that it could be done. I showed him mine - all Alfie said earlier + tyre pressure warning (Alfie forgot to mention he can do that too ..:D )..anyway the dealer was impressed and said he was going to get his guy to practise on the the used cars...lol

I have yet to find a c class that has the option as standard. It is easily enabled in STAR;)

I have yet to find a c class that has the option as standard. It is easily enabled in STAR;)

Think your right. Recall mine had auto mirrors fitted but Richard still had to use Star to get them to autofold on door opening and closimg, but no reverse mirror as no memory seats.

Think your right. Recall mine had auto mirrors fitted but Richard still had to use Star to get them to autofold on door opening and closimg, but no reverse mirror as no memory seats.

In some cars you can install a left side memory frame and that lowers the mirror on reversing.

OK Here goes

Get to the screen that says settings...to reset all settings etc..

Then press arrow up on the left of the wheel

with the + and - buttons just highlight convenience

Then press arrow up until you come to the screen that says fold mirrors on locking......

select on

and lock the car!

Sounds about right, that's how I set if for my car (2003 E320 estate)

Is it possible to get the park auto fold on the early W163 ML? That'd be great...

looks like a no then, shame as id love to have it as well... ( even my old lexus did that as standard...)

Ryan, yours is probably like mine and doesn't have the Convenience menu (mine is a 2005 sport also) this is something I need to get Alfie to do.

Alfie / anybody

I have a 2002 C 270 W203.

I don't have a convenience menu - what added options are available if i visit someone with a star system. I have folding mirrors but want them to fold with the ignition.

Anyone know?

thanks

If you have the auto locking enabled and you get the mirrors fold on locking enabled.......well you can see where I am going with this?????

Alfie / anybody

I have a 2002 C 270 W203.

I don't have a convenience menu - what added options are available if i visit someone with a star system. I have folding mirrors but want them to fold with the ignition.

Anyone know?

thanks

It is unlikely that your mirrors can be made to auto fold as these sort of mods generally only apply to the facelifted cars. Plus, even then you may need to change the door controllers. It seems that these vary quite a bit from car to car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom