Autoglass windscreen calibration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Which brand of glass they fit? I had guardian fitted but beforehand they said they would fit pilkington :/

Just went and had a look,

It's a Pilkington screen

I'm waiting for windscreen for my Audi A8. I raised the claim on 02/05/2017 and requested original Audi screen. Date of fitting is 29/05/2017. Almost a month without a car. Crack is so huge that I don't think it's good idea to drive it in the meantime.

If I knew it will take so long, I would probably take non-OEM windscreen and be done within the week.

Little update: had the dealer carry out the windscreen calibration today, cost £60 all in for an hours job(they took it for a road test).. so not too bad in the end, so glad I didnt go with autoglass

I just had my windscreen replaced a month or so back and they only charged the excess fee for the insurance.They put the auto windscreen wiper module back the way it should of been.The guy noticed it straight away without my wife saying anything he said does you windscreen wiper do this and that and said the module had not been put on properly there was a bubble within it causing the wiper to not come on properly when raining and wiping when no rain was there.I was not pleased as it is a new car 2016 used demo.

magpiemalemerc

Yeah mine now has bubbles in. It doesn't seem to be affecting it much right now though.

I think some bubbles are ok so long as it isn't covering the sensor if it does it'll send the wiper haywire and replacement wiper blades are not cheap for mine £45 from mercedes as it's a special fitting.

My windscreen was replaced yesterda and sensors calibrated at Croydon branch. Don't know how they behave yet, no rain since then. Quality of work quite good, no damage or dirt on lovely beige alcantara interior.

Originally I had wanted an OEM screen but insurance wouldn't have it, wanted extra £140 on top of £75 excess so I said no way, but what they did say is, it's pilkington just like mb dealers glass but without mb logo!

Who has the contract to make windscreens for MB?

I would have guessed it was still Saint Gobain (since that's what mine is), but I've got a friend who works at NSG and he said they're supplying the screens for most of the new Mercedes (definitely anything with the heads-up display).

Chances are pretty good that a screen from NSG is identical to the MB version because they came from the same factory.

Chances are pretty good that a screen from NSG is identical to the MB version because they came from the same factory.

But not of the same quality..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom