Autospeed tyres versus Kwikfit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

duncanh

Car
BMW 520d SE F10, formerly c220cdi estate (for 12.5 years and 345k miles), before that w124 and w210
You may have seen on, another thread, that I had a close escape with a very damaged tyre.

I found this out late on Saturday afternoon, and needed new tyres for Monday. This limited my options. My normal sources were not open on a Sunday.

I looked on the Kwikfit website, and was shocked (and disgusted) by their prices. It seemed that I would have to pay about £75 per tyre for a "big name", and not much less for their Arrowspeed brand.

I came across a website www.tyreplus.co.uk

They claim to be a group of local independent tyre dealers. I believe, from the address on their guarantee, and the leaflets in their depot, that they are owned by Kwikfit. They sold me 4 195/65x15V Pirelli p6000s for £200.

Kwikfit website offers the same for £340.

I went to Autospeed in Chippenham, had excellent service, watched them use a torque wrench for the final tighten. I was impressed.

In their waiting room I noticed that they offer a deal where they will do an Oil Service for any car, using Mobil 1, for £35. I can't buy 6.5 litres of Mobil 1 for that price.

If anyone has used them (or any other Tyre Plus outlet) for an oil change I would be interested in your feedback.

If its not too late, I suggest you try and swap tyres for something else... actually, anything else.

Autospeed are owned by Kwik Fit. They also, or rather did 3 years ago own loads of other small chains who still trade under their own identity.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom