Average mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bobby Dazzler said:
We drive both AMGs every day: one is for me to schlep up and down the motorway to and from work, and the other is the family/shopping/school/towing/holiday/everything car, and it's great at it too :cool: Sadly no money to burn though.

What mpg are you getting !!

Whilst I am on the forum.....where is the best place to buy some 275 35 19" tyres? only got 2400miles from my last set:D

John, give Red Bull or McLaren a call, both have a pretty much unused set from last weekend.:D

Not as glamorous as most peoples cars on here but I have an E220 CDI (04) No more than 42MPG on motorway. currently running with 2 (possibly more) injector seals leaking and a large amount of carbon deposit.

Not as glamorous as most peoples cars on here but I have an E220 CDI (04) No more than 42MPG on motorway. currently running with 2 (possibly more) injector seals leaking and a large amount of carbon deposit.

oops :eek:

I'm getting consistently good results from the BE c250 deisel, especially after the dealer re-flashed my ECU 17k miles ago which is when I reset the OBC. For m'way cruising the sweet spot is below around 1900 rpm (just over 70mph) above which it drops off significantly.

Attachments

• Image0071.jpg
    Image0071.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Image0059.jpg
    Image0059.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 63
That looks exceptional Frugal. Have you checked against actual fuel used. Still very good even if obc is 10% optimistic

That looks exceptional Frugal. Have you checked against actual fuel used. Still very good even if obc is 10% optimistic

Yes have kept a log on Fuelly and obc is 6-7% optimistic

I think all 'what mpg are u getting' posts should have a mandatory TANK TO TANK, NOT ON BOARD COMPUTER warning, so that real data is recorded rather than fantasy.

C270 CDI auto, 20-30 around town, 40 on a 75 mph motorway run, average around 37 mpg in a mix of 3/4 fast, 1/4 slow driving.

What is Fuelly? Can some one please explain.

C220 CDI, around 30s in town and 35-40 a roads, m/way.

Fuelly is an app you can get on the phone and also link to the computer to log your mpg.

i'm getting 35mpg mixed driving 45mpg on motorway at steady 70mph i drive e class 350 cdi

E320cdi 2003
Just been on a 771 ml trip last weekend, half m/way and 1/2 mixed country road and small town. OBC said 51.2 mpg.

I think all 'what mpg are u getting' posts should have a mandatory TANK TO TANK, NOT ON BOARD COMPUTER warning, so that real data is recorded rather than fantasy.

I only go off the computer as I don't want reality to get in the way of my thinking the car's super efficient.

22mpg in the 1,300 miles I've done in it, so a bit better than my last car (Jag XFR) and a LOT better than my S8 Audi. :) All dashboard readouts though, can't be bothered with spreadsheets, though I have kept records of amounts spent and costs per litre, so may work it out on a rainy day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom