Avon ZV5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Anyone have any comments or have used them ?

Camskill have them quite cheap at the mo , before I have always used Falken 452's , I see they are now 453 , but seem expensive ? The last set of 452's I bought were £80 each , these are £111 each now ! I need a pair of rears in the not too distant future.

Anyway , fuel efficiency rating seems good on the ZV5 , wet grip seems ok , and so does noise.

I have heard of Avon before , but never had their tyres.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s18p...Eff_:_C_Wet_Grip:_C_NoiseClass:_2_Noise:_71dB

We used Avon ZV5s on our daily driver Audi A4 for nearly 5 years and they were excellent IMO. Highly recommended.

Prices obviously vary all the time but I normally got them from ETyres and had them fitted at home.

On my 2nd set of ZV5s first set did 27,000 miles with no problem, i don't do any racing or wheel spinning (e class est) but for normal driving fine.
I think I paid £95 each for 1st set and just paid £98 for 2nd, they are as good as any tyre ive used and a few £ less than most

I have them on my W211. No problems seem to work very well in all conditions, will probably buy them again:thumb:

I had them on my w211 E320 cdi and they were really good - the only issue was a little bit of slip when pulling away in the wet - but that was probably more to do with a slightly heavy right foot.

Excellent chaps :thumb:

Howard

I have direct experience of the Falken 452 and Avon ZV5 on two cars, the Falken tyres were very good but with a noticable reduction in grip when down to around the 3mm mark. The Avon fared better overall but the differences were not that marked.

The Avon suited my Audi A6 very well, the Falken seemed more suited to my Saab 9-5. Both were tyres I would be happy to use again.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom