Awesome Dash Cam Footage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

@MARK

Car
Audi A7 Quattro
Awesome Dash Cam Footage [Strong Language]

What not to do when there is a police car directly behind you plus the truck drivers commentary will ensure this will go down in Youtube history.

BTW

The language on this video is VERY strong

[YOUTUBE]M5dL4DPm-DE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Beware

Danger.Bad Language

Children do use this Forum.

Truck driver's observations are spot on.

Mark: You gave plenty warning of the language. No one has to hear it that doesn't want to.

Thx. That was brilliantly therapeutic- I played it 4 times without pause and by the end I was joining in word for word with perfect timing.

Mark: You gave plenty warning of the language. No one has to hear it that doesn't want to.

That was after i sent Mark a PM and pointed it out.

Mark put the warning up strait away :thumb:

Is the lorry driver on the phone to someone? If so, I can't hear a hands free speaker.

Maybe the car driver was foreign, hence pulling in towards the central reservation.

C43AMG pointed out that I hadn't put up a warning (and god does this video need one) so I went back and added it afterwards.

an observation - the lorry driver was clearly talking to someone on his mobile - as we couldn't hear the other party, he was either using an earphone or - heaven forfend - he was holding the phone in his hand - certainly not hands-free.

Then, despite the obvious registered brain donor driving the car in front, the 44 ton lorry overtook both other vehicles (including police car with blues on) up the inside as the first idiot indicated he was going to pull in / pull off the slip road, but had nowhere to go due to said 44 ton lorry.

I reckon most the descriptions leveled by the lorry driver could also have been applied if he was talking about himself.

an observation - the lorry driver was clearly talking to someone on his mobile - as we couldn't hear the other party, he was either using an earphone or - heaven forfend - he was holding the phone in his hand - certainly not hands-free.

Then, despite the obvious registered brain donor driving the car in front, the 44 ton lorry overtook both other vehicles (including police car with blues on) up the inside as the first idiot indicated he was going to pull in / pull off the slip road, but had nowhere to go due to said 44 ton lorry.

I reckon most the descriptions leveled by the lorry driver could also have been applied if he was talking about himself.

I would question that.

You can see the speed of the lorry on the video at all times and he clearly slowed down however as the other vehicles came almost to a standstill, I am not sure one would have expected the truck to do anything else as coming to a standstill would have just added more danger to an already dangerous situation.

I think your right about the phone though.

I would question that.

You can see the speed of the lorry on the video at all times and he clearly slowed down however as the other vehicles came almost to a standstill, I am not sure one would have expected the truck to do anything else as coming to a standstill would have just added more danger to an already dangerous situation.

I think your right about the phone though.

Yes especially with the narrow hard shoulder and slip road approaching, on balance the truck did the safest thing for following traffic.

If he wasn't hands free, he didn't sound bothered about the police car passing him, and it seems he knew it was coming.

I had someone do a very similar lane hogging maneuver to me recently, including the slam on brake testing.

I may have just whipped into the centre lane and went passed the (castlemaine four-x)

Re the language warning. Yes, definitely a need for one! But with one in place it allows the grown ups an opportunity to view something of interest.

Re driver talking. There's another vid there and I think it's the same guy chattering away. I think he's just one of those 'running commentary on everything' kind of guys. Wannabe narrator parhaps!

Last edited:

So, the lorry is travelling at 56mph...and the other cars slow down...is he to blame...should he also have slowed down? No, I don't think you can argue that he should have done. The driver of the car in the wrong should not have slowed down...but by doing so endangered himself, the police car, and now you are saying the lorry too. Nonsense.

Does he turn his lights off and on again just after the brake test?

So, the lorry is travelling at 56mph...and the other cars slow down...is he to blame...

I didn't say he was to blame for the other two, but as something was clearly going to happen, it's wasn't a time for finger pointing in terms of who was at fault

should he also have slowed down? No, I don't think you can argue that he should have done.

There is a complete plonker being chased by the police with blues on and no-one has any earthly idea what is going to happen, so I for one would be backing right off and certainly not undertaking both (while blocking off a slip road in the process)

The driver of the car in the wrong should not have slowed down...but by doing so endangered himself, the police car,

As we are all agreed, the guy was an idiot, so no argument there

and now you are saying the lorry too. Nonsense.

Not sure I understand this point

I didn't say he was to blame for the other two, but as something was clearly going to happen, it's wasn't a time for finger pointing in terms of who was at fault

There is a complete plonker being chased by the police with blues on and no-one has any earthly idea what is going to happen, so I for one would be backing right off and certainly not undertaking both (while blocking off a slip road in the process)

As we are all agreed, the guy was an idiot, so no argument there

Not sure I understand this point

The lorry had backed off...he was only travelling at 38mph when the passed the cars...should he have stopped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom