B G Griffiths, Bristol (positive review)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pimpdriver

Car
2002 W210 Elegance Estate
Hi,

A few weeks ago I took my 2002 W210 to another independent in Bristol, I was not too impressed with the hourly rate (£65/hr plus VAT), as well as the excessive mark up on the oil (8.5 litres of 5w40 meeting MB spec for £91.50 plus VAT), so I thought I'd try another recommended independent in Bristol.

Dropped the car off to have the thermostat changed, and also emailed a list of work to be quoted for.

Rob (Griffiths) - presumably son of B G (founded in 1968) rang me several times and kept me up to date with progress, as well as giving good prices on drop links, pads, dash pixel repair, and a rear bush. He also recommended that I DIDN'T change the rear subframe bushes, although the previous garage recommended that I did them (to cure the "NSR clonk", which is due to the single worn bush).

Rob also gets his hands dirty too.

They also have courtesy cars if you need them, and are 1 minute walk from Parson Street train station (2 stops down from Temple Meads).
:thumb:
Cheers

Steve

BG Griffiths - Thanks

Thanks for that - just returning to Mercedes in Bristol area, really helpful. I suspect the original BG was the chap who did the big ends on my Rover 2200 in about 1983 if he was the one at the top of Winterstoke road then.

I will be using him.
John

Got my r129 from him was his own car just over a year ago been leased with it but don't live close enough to get them to service it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom