B Service / Pollen Filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jupiter2step

Car
S211 E220 CDI Avantagarde
Phoned up a local indy today for a quote.

£190 inc. for basic service, then asked me if I had climate control. I replied yes, and they then said that this would increase the price to £247 as an extra pollen filter was required for each side. An extra £57 for a filter seems a bit steep, or am I missing something here?

Also, my book shows the combi filter was changed in June 2010 - is this the same as the pollen filter? If so, aren't the intervals 2 yrs... so I'm thinking it's not due yet.

I suspect by "climate control" they mean the 4-zone option. Do you have that?

I have the standard 2-zone on mine, and I believe (but stand to be corrected) that there's just the one filter. I changed mine for a MANN CUK 3172/1 which cost under £21 on eBay. It's a ten minute job, needing just a 10mm spanner or socket to undo the plastic nut by the washer bottle opening.

Phoned up a local indy today for a quote.

£190 inc. for basic service, then asked me if I had climate control. I replied yes, and they then said that this would increase the price to £247 as an extra pollen filter was required for each side. An extra £57 for a filter seems a bit steep, or am I missing something here?

Also, my book shows the combi filter was changed in June 2010 - is this the same as the pollen filter? If so, aren't the intervals 2 yrs... so I'm thinking it's not due yet.

That does sound a little like BS to me. An extra filter? What is your Indy talking about?

Perhaps he's thinking of the ones with full digital climate control - don't they have an additional charcoal filter?

In fairness, it was the jolly lady receptionist who relayed the message, rather than the man with the tools so to speak...

Do all cars with the regular c/control have both a combi filter and a charcoal filter or is it a case of either/or?

I've noticed in my service book that my combi filter has been changed every 2 years but the charcoal filter has never been changed (7 yr old car with 104k on the clock).

The garage only spoke about the pollen filter so I wasn't sure which one they were referring to.

with digital climate control it has an extra active charcoal filter for recirc, if so he is very correct

with digital climate control it has an extra active charcoal filter for recirc, if so he is very correct

If it has a charcoal filter they are not due every Service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom