Back on the AMG merry go round! SL55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Preston-m3

Car
SL55 AMG. BLACK.
Found, bought drove home an 03 black SL55 AMG today. A few points that I need to sort to get the car to the point where I will be perfectly happy with it but as a starting point it's great. Black with grey interior has basically every toy.
Will keep updating as I go but initial list of points to see to are.
New engine battery
AMG 4's all to be refurb end, they are too bad but I like them to be perfect
Sell a set full set of newly returned turbines. 2 have good tyres, 2 tyres need replacing if your interested pm me. Also going to be advertised in the for sale section.
Full exterior and interior detail
I would to have the centre console and interior door trims hydro carbon dipped, would appreciate and steer on that if any has any info or contacts, spare trims that I could buy and use etc?
Fit a Bluetooth module again any advice etc on that would be greatly appreciated?
Glove box and centre console locks/catches need some fettling as they don't open and close shut as they should. Is this common?

Working away for 3 days now so no time to look at it until Friday.
Cheers

Congratulations!! Sure you will enjoy it.. Great cars. Make sure you keep all the rubber seals in good condition. I use a silicone spray.

The glove boxes suffer from stretched cables. Very easy fix and will take you back to childhood days fiddling with your bmx brake cables.

Can't help with anything else sadly. Enjoy your new toy!

Last edited:
Hi,
Congrats on your new car.
Enjoy, as they are a fantastic car to own and drive.
If you look at my conversion, I'm having a lot done to the car and have a contact for aqua dipping. I have seen their work and even though they are not the cheapest, I have gone with them as their work was very good.
They are in Huddersfield. If of interest send me a pm and I will forward you their details.
I must point out that I'm not advertising this company or endorsing them, just a personal opinion and hope it could help you.

Dipping

Hi,
Congrats on your new car.
Enjoy, as they are a fantastic car to own and drive.
If you look at my conversion, I'm having a lot done to the car and have a contact for aqua dipping. I have seen their work and even though they are not the cheapest, I have gone with them as their work was very good.
They are in Huddersfield. If of interest send me a pm and I will forward you their details.
I must point out that I'm not advertising this company or endorsing them, just a personal opinion and hope it could help you.

Hi, that would be great if you could send me their details. Ball park figure to dip centre console and left and right interior door trims? Any idea? Thinking I would like some form of carbon silver.

The glove boxes suffer from stretched cables. Very easy fix and will take you back to childhood days fiddling with your bmx brake cables.

Can't help with anything else sadly. Enjoy your new toy!

Ok thanks. I am not Techincal at all so would prefer to find someone to do it for me. Anyone in my area fancy some beer tokens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom