Battery charging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abueloeddie

Car
A Class 180 Sport
Model.... E Series 320 CDi 04 plate ( just about to celebrate its 10th birthday!)

A small problem re:

Battery Charging....

Having been recommended ( by Indy Merc. Mechanic) to buy a battery charger, and reading the instructions, I learn that for safety reasons one is supposed to remove the battery before charging. It's not the removal which worries me, it's the getting things to work as they did BEFORE that concerns me..... Any tips and tricks from the old sweats in here?

You could buy a trickle charger, it has a plug + socket set up.

You connect the socket to the existing battery (simple positive + negative connection), then once you're done for the night/week or whatever simply connect up the charger via the socket and turn on, the trickle charger will keep a small but constant charge to the battery without the need to disconnect it so it shouldn't interfere with how anything currently works on the car, I used one on bikes for years while garaged over the winter to keep the battery healthy.

Trickle charger just plugs straight into a standard 13A socket.

Hope this helps

Thanks for both replies.

Jim.G

Thanks for your reply it would seem that I've bought the wrong model. I'll have another go tomorrow

Mr B.
Your ad. does not specifically mention a trickle charger amongst the several models available. So I'm at a loss which one to go for.

I use several Optimates, good bits of kit. If you keep you eyes peeled, Lidl do one every now and again, perfectly good and a very good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom