Battery details query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210Virgin

Car
2002 S210 Avantgarde 320CDi in silver. Black leather interior
Hi and happy Christmas to all

The cold weather has found my battery a bit sluggish to the point where I suspect I may have to replace it. Struggled to get it started this morning even though it's garaged and was only parked up since late Christmas eve!

It's an I6 320 CDi, 2002. Can someone please check and tell me battery details I need as I can't see anything in the handbook. I suspect about 90Ah and CCA of about 800A based on what's in it but that doesn't mean it's right!

In the interim it's on trickle charger.

Thanks Dec, but NI is part of UK and does not use Halfords Ireland (.ie). Anyway, neither of them lists a suitable battery on line.

Have a look at Euro Car Parts' website. Put your reg in and it'll list all options. Sorry, I can't post a direct link - doesn't appear to work for some reason.

The link was to help answer your question regarding the required battery specifications for your car, where you actually buy the battery is up to you.
As Gordon suggests … Euro Car Parts | The UK's Number 1 Provider of Car Parts Online and In Store …would be a better bet, When I did a search for a W210, 2002 on the europarts site it comes up with 15 batteries suitable for your car, in particular this may be the best one, here… Bosch Mercedes-Benz S5 Battery 019 5 Year Guarantee | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

An MB dealer price may be just as completive as an on line price and you will be sure of getting the correct type and size for your car.

Is your car alarm working ok? Some times the can drain the car battery when the get old.

Dec

I would use CarParts4Less as they are cheaper on batteries than EuroCarParts. The only downside is they are delivery only but its free is you spend over £50.

I bought a Bosch battery for my S-Class from them for £82 compared to the £104 EuroCarParts. If you can't wait for delivery then ECP are probably your best option as they have a collection option if you live close to one.

I would use CarParts4Less as they are cheaper on batteries than EuroCarParts. The only downside is they are delivery only but its free is you spend over £50.

I bought a Bosch battery for my S-Class from them for £82 compared to the £104 EuroCarParts. If you can't wait for delivery then ECP are probably your best option as they have a collection option if you live close to one.

For batteries I always buy direct from ecp rather than the sister firm cp4l. If you go in and ask for a better price they will often do a better deal and if the battery fails you can simply pop down to your local store.

I have taken two batteries back to ecp under guarantee at year 3 and another at year 4. Each time no quibbles they gave me a new battery on the spot.

Thanks for the responses. Got a Crompton from a local supplier with a 3 year warranty. 90Ah and 800CCA. Should do the trick. £70 which I thought was a good price. Couldn't justify a Bosch at £100+. ECP website doesn't show anything for my car. Have to phone in which is no real hardship but it's a bit of a nuisance. And the nearest one is 40 miles away.

Sorted now anyway, I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom