battery drain next step

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

farouq

thanks to the information on this forum i have managed to find out what is causing my dad's s-class w220 battery to drain.

i used a multimeter and pulled out the fuses one by one and found out the below fuse is draining the battery.

fuse number F62/20A located below rear seat.
fuse is linked to, (information from the fuse diagram that came with the car)
central locking
power locking
rear head release
rear head restraint adjustment
remote closing and locking boot lid
remote boot lid release
boot interior nonlocking switch

i need some advise on what i can do next before i take it to a dealer.
is there anything i can test at home before i take it to a dealer.

thanks in advance.

Its the pse pump located in the left of the boot behind the carpet. Its a black box with loads of yellow vacuum pipes coming off it. These are very common to cause a current drain. You must lock the car and let it go to sleep for up to 40mins to test it properly. When it has gone to sleep you can test the drain properly. 0.06a maximum. If you need anymore advice on this pm me. Ive done loads of these 220's for current drain. One took me 3 weeks to find and all of the car was taken apart. It was the infared pick up sensor on the drivers door that was cuasing it. Be very careful when doing these as they are complicated!!!!

When it has gone to sleep you can test the drain properly. 0.06a maximum. If you need anymore advice on this pm me. Ive done loads of these 220's for current drain. One took me 3 weeks to find and all of the car was taken apart. It was the infared pick up sensor on the drivers door that was cuasing it. Be very careful when doing these as they are complicated!!!!
Hi BlackC55,
I'm very impressed,
We have a 211 estate which has suffered the exact symptoms your describing although I was told our car had a 0.5amp seepage, I fully accept the minimal difference and I bet your post is simply more accurate. :) Our car was at the dealership for a week getting this issue resolved and I was simply informed they had replaced an electrical module?

Do you think our vehicle suffered from the same issue you have described and is this the pump your describing?

Bagpipe.jpg

Well done for posting your message,

Regards,
John

Unfortuneatly I seem to have a forte for such ******* problems coming to me to fix.

A 211 does not have PSE as such but a vacuum pump is present but off the top of my head I can't remember what for.

There are so many electrical modules/control units on your car it could be anything causing it. I've had a battery control module cause the fault before. They have a tendency to stay switched on. There was a re-call on them too for some programming.

0.5A is quite alot of drain. It is quite unusual to have so much. But not unheard of. These cars are very complicated when It comes to current drains as it takes forever to fix them due to having to wait for them to "sleep". Every module in the car has to be checked and they have 40+......

Any more electrical problems I am more than willing to help.

The pump I illustratewd is indeed in the rear left corner, but it is a 211. This pump is for the active bolsters on the front seats, plus I believe it is also for the massaging feature.

Just like you have stated, the tehnician stated the biggest problem was isolating the fault.

Our car had the recall\service bulletin carried out several months ago. :eek:

Thanks again
John

Hi

I have the same problem with my w220 F62/20 amp, the next day battery is totally dead, if i put the fuse out then i can start the car normal next day. pleasssssssssssss help me out ! i know sure that its the pump. becoz few days ago it was blown and i have put in a brand new pump.

Its the pse pump located in the left of the boot behind the carpet. Its a black box with loads of yellow vacuum pipes coming off it. These are very common to cause a current drain. You must lock the car and let it go to sleep for up to 40mins to test it properly. When it has gone to sleep you can test the drain properly. 0.06a maximum. If you need anymore advice on this pm me. Ive done loads of these 220's for current drain. One took me 3 weeks to find and all of the car was taken apart. It was the infared pick up sensor on the drivers door that was cuasing it. Be very careful when doing these as they are complicated!!!!

I have this in my cl500 /2000 took out the pse pump its ok the drain is .6a if the central locking does not work and open with the key the battery will be dead the next day yet if the cars central locking works its ok no fuse is gone

I have this in my cl500 /2000 took out the pse pump its ok the drain is .6a if the central locking does not work and open with the key the battery will be dead the next day yet if the cars central locking works its ok no fuse is gone

it was the rear sam unit

Hi,

Have same battery drain problem, fitted new PSE Pump and now battery keeps draining.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

Have 0.150a Battery Drain and when i check for battery Drain ampage Tail Lamps and Headlights (Low beam) Keep flashing.

Thanks for your help

Sky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom