Battery keep draining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajayjain

Car
c class
Hi,
I have C-CLASS C200 CDI BLUEEFFICIENCY EXECUTIVE SE AUTOMATIC 2010

my car battery keep draining every day

I googled and found replacing battery will not help, something is running even after parked the car.

Please advise

Thanks

Faulty interior light, faulty stereo / comAnd system. Could be anything really. You need to get a meter on the battery. You should see a drain on it. Then remove fuses for likely culprits one at a time. Sooner or later removing a fuse will stop the drain And then you know what's faulty or not switching off. Likely culprit is something like boot interior light or something connected to the sound system or alarm system.

Had a battery drain on my old motorbike....traced it to the alarm system.

Do these 2010 cdi have the block heaters that the older 203 did? They were forever shorting out and draining the battery overnight.

If it has electrically operated seats disconnect them overnight . they are live all of the time, then see if the battery is ok the next day.

I have seen something online on how to disable the power supply (W203) once the car is parked. Small wiring change under each seat.

Good luck.

If it has electrically operated seats disconnect them overnight . they are live all of the time, then see if the battery is ok the next day.

I have seen something online on how to disable the power supply (W203) once the car is parked. Small wiring change under each seat.

Good luck.

Should be a fuse for the seats that can just be pulled Pete.

Finding a battery drain is down to methodical elimination.
Malcolm (TV) took the time to trace my battery drain last year by printing off the fuse locations and then pulling them one by one and testing for a drain.

He told me a drain of up to 65ma is acceptable, over that and the one doing it is the problem. Mine was a faulty door controller.

Should be a fuse for the seats that can just be pulled Pete.

Finding a battery drain is down to methodical elimination.
Malcolm (TV) took the time to trace my battery drain last year by printing off the fuse locations and then pulling them one by one and testing for a drain.

He told me a drain of up to 65ma is acceptable, over that and the one doing it is the problem. Mine was a faulty door controller.
Pulling the fuse will work for fault finding but will render the seats immovable. The wiring change I was talking about kills power to the seats when the ignition is off thereby making any future power drain impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom